• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you pass time while being kinda forced to stay inside

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So with several countries being in a lockdown or almost in a lockdown we're supposed to stay inside and only go outside to do groceries or to visit a doctor or for work (in case work hasn't been shut down). So what do you do to pass the time? Are you getting bored now you're kinda forced to stay inside or do you enjoy it more to be at home for a while? Do you do things you're supposed to do for a long time but always ignored? Or just wait impatiently till everything is back to normal again?

Being in lockdown is no different for me since I'm jobless scum and have no money.

The only difference is the guys I live with are here 24/7 too so we just work around each other.

I've taken to reading more but there's also more housework to do since everyone is home.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I feel caught in a weird loop of waking up and getting prepared for the day, go to work, maybe go grocey shopping when I get off, come home and fill that time with either gaming, watching a movie or show, or reading. Yesterday evening a friend came over and we hung out for a bit, so that was really nice to finally change the loop up.

Not going to lie, not being able to hang out with all my friends and go to the theater or go out for a few drinks, or just do a chilled get together at someone's house has lowered my morale. A few of my friends are immune compromised or have a spouse who is. All my other friends and I simply agreed it be for the best not to do a group get together during these times. It sucks, but it's like this for everyone who is being cautious.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I work on Youtube projects or finish games that I left sit for too long. Specifically Stardew Valley, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and a few visual novels that are longer than expected.

Eli Ayase

Bass singer extraordinaire.
Unlike most in my area, I can go out in my neighbourhood and get exercise outside. I don't really go anywhere due to me having the virus. I wear a mask when outside, just in case. It wasn't as bad as a week ago and I'm almost recovered. But when inside I sing and I play games.

Last edited by a moderator:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Honestly my life hasn’t changed at all since the quarantine thing started. I still just play video games and watch Greys Anatomy every day.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Considered essential (shouldn't be) so not really locked down but on my days off trying to stay home as much as possible except the once a week trip to the store. But I started that game nights thing to occupy everyone's mind with social interaction. On my own I am working on finishing more Zelda games and a drawing project I started years ago.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
We're not so locked down we're not allowed to leave our homes. We can be outside in our yards and go to the park if it's not busy which they usually aren't.
While indoors I've been practicing drawing much more and things aren't much different for me anyway except I can't visit the stores I like.

As i work in the food production industry ( warehousing) i am classed as a key worker( although i feel the care workers , doctors ,nurses and even shop workers are more worthy of the title) so i am not actually locked down that much having said that i have enjoyed having my children around a lot more and have been playing links awakening with my 12 year old daughter who thanks to that game is now a massive Zelda fan , every cloud hey.:shrugs:

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
School, games, working out, reading, and practicing guitar. That’s really it, not much else to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom