• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do YOU Open a New Game?

How do YOU open a new game? Do you...

• Open it as quickly as possible to start playing asap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Open it slowly, admiring it and savouring the moment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
So, it's finally release day for that game you've been wanting for MONTHS. You hurry home excitedly from the store, or wait anxiously at the letterbox, and FINALLY, you have it in your possession, and it's time to open it. So what do you do? Do you tear it open, glancing admiringly at the cover, before jamming the game in your console and start playing as soon as possible... or do you slowly unwrap the packaging, carefully admiring every detail and savouring the intense moment just before you can finally play it? Or are you somewhere inbetween?

Personally, I normally do the latter, often, no matter how much I've been wanting something, it's surprisingly easy to resist opening it for just a little longer while I admire the box almost teasingly, savouring the moment. I love to do that xDD (odd, I know)

But what do you guys do?

Last edited:

Kazumi

chagy
Well. Let me see, I open the box and put the game in the system. I don't rip it open extremely fast or "savor every moment". I just open the game case and place the disk into the system like a normal sane person. I mean, you don't want to wreak it, plus it's kind of hard to get the plastic off fast. But why would you just sit there and "savor" opening the game case. I mean, I have plenty of time to look at the case on the way home from the store or as I walk away from my mail box if I preordered it for delivery. But uh.. That's just me.

I try to open it fast. I'm usually successful, but the plastic cover around it kind of strains my muscles and I usually end up having my cuticles injured by the edge of the box. Then I rip open the box, pop in the disc, and play.

I open it right after I step out of the doors of the shop.

This.

If I have my game system with me, whatever it may be, I'm going to rip open that plastic wrap, with my hands, with my teeth, whatever I need to, to play as soon as I can if it really interests me that much.

If it's a console game, I'm still going to rip it open when I get it :p

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I open it slowly and see anything that is necessary, I use this tactic to AVOID damaging the container of the game and to keep it as another storage box, cartridge case etc. as a spare.

Besides the slowly i open the game, the tension builds slowly and surely by the time I play the game, My tension, excitement, anxiety, happiness, disappointments, regrets, and salvation bursts out of me and I go Nuts about the game.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Haha, good question! I neve really thought about it before, but I tend to savour every moment of it. I don't needlessly make it a longer process than it has to be, but I look over all of the paper leaflets within. I also read the instruction booklet to get a general sense of the controls before the game walks me through the tutorial that seems to be commonplace in modern games. Some things aren't covered in-game I find, or maybe not made as clear as they could be.

I also tend not to play the title right away. I used to in my videogaming prime, but I have a small backlog of titles to work though right now. I never play two games at once either, unless it's the occasional Mario Kart circuit online with friends. So, the new game will patiently wait for me until I'm finished the current title.

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
the nearest game shop of any kind is about 30-mins away. So when i get a game, i get it the car, i open the packaging all slow-like, thinking of all the things i could do to it... wai- what? oh sorry. then i flip through the manual and admire the epicness that im about to unleash, then i get home and first thing, i start playing. and i usually am stuck playing the same game for the next few days.

slow then fast, thats the way its done, and yes that was intended to have a double meaning.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I usually savour it, as odd as that sounds. Especially if its a good game that I've been waiting for for a long time.
And I usually uh, smell it... uh
New game smells good. Come on whos with me?

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
And I usually uh, smell it... uh
New game smells good. Come on whos with me?
I thought I was the only one... Glad to see I'm not alone! New games/manuals always smell good for some reason. Err, to get back on topic; most of the time I just tear it open unless it's a 360 game. It seem like I always need a knife to open those. Sometimes I'll read the manual first, but that doesn't happen a whole lot.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Wow, there's quite a variety of answers here xDD

ANd I'm with you too, I usually smell just about everything new I get, as odd as that sounds... new books (and booklets) smell so goooood. And new shoes, they always smell good too :D What's funny is if you smell the inside of a closed box, you can often smell the place where it came from xDD...

Anyway... I also hate it if you buy something preowned, and it's all torn up from the previous owner's eagerness... xDD So if I've opened it slowly, then if I trade it in the next person won't get a shredded/broken box (although nowadays, it's harder to damage the plastic game boxes... but not the console ones *shakes fist*)~
But I'm always worried about losing things if I opened it as soon as I got out of the shop... :c

Last edited:

Shnappy

derp
I open it right after I step out of the doors of the shop.

Exactly. Once I got Pokemon Platinum, I got out of the shop, opened it up, played it in the car, and while we were in the mall later. I'm not really very patient when it comes to opening games. If it's on Christmas, when I'm opening my presents, I'll open all my presents, and once I'm done, I'll take each game one by one, open them as fast as possible, and play each of them for hours.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Well first off, some stores only sell the empty disc cases of the game and after you pay, then they put in the game in the disc case to prevent stealing.
If this happens, then i always check if the game disc is in a good shape.

When i come home, i first read the manual of the game and then start playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom