• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do YOU Open a New Game?

How do YOU open a new game? Do you...

• Open it as quickly as possible to start playing asap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Open it slowly, admiring it and savouring the moment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
K

Kele

Depends on the game and the time.
First i buy the game, and at way home, i open it,
read the manual.
When im home, i start to play it.

And i like the smell of new books.

I generally do look over the packaging and *gasp!* maybe even open the instruction booklet. I know, I'm a loser. :P However, I do receive most of my games at holiday events (college is expensive, otherwise I would buy them myself), so I won't be able to play them for a few hours. Reading the packaging and the booklet makes me only more excited! :D

If I buy the game myself... Yeah, I tear into that baby. I want to play it NOW.

Zarom

The King
When I get a new game, I usually open it carefully, to avoid damging the case or the game itself... I always read the background of the case and overlook at the booklet. Then, I play the game and enjoy it. :)

When i get a new game, i'll try and find the little flap to rip the cling film off.
Then i'll look at the box, cover and read the stuff on the back.
Admire the disk art/cartridge
Sit back and read through the manual, looking at the art,
Then i'll start playing.

But it doesn't stop there xD I won't press anything, so it'll show that beggining... trailer? then goes to the usual start screen.

Kybyrian

Well first off, some stores only sell the empty disc cases of the game and after you pay, then they put in the game in the disc case to prevent stealing.
If this happens, then i always check if the game disc is in a good shape.

When i come home, i first read the manual of the game and then start playing.

lol you read manuals.

Well, let's see. If it's just a game case then I'll just pick the plastic at the corners, open the case, and insert the disc and start playing.

If it's something like Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition, however, I take my time and admire everything and make sure everything is put away nice or assembled good or whatever.

Then I pull it out and insert it.

I start playing it ASAP. I generally really want to play a game because I'm excited about it. Although usually I'm still in the car or can't play at the moment for some reason, in which case I open it anyway and start reading the manual and such. Just more impatience really. :P

When I get a new game I usually just open the box as fast as possible cause I just want to play it right away. But for games such as pokemon, Zelda, or any sort of mario games, I usually take my time and admire the artwork on the box, read the back, and take gental care of the game (cause i dont want to break it first day i have it), maybe take a quick glance at the instruction manual, than i fire it up. I only do it to the games listed above since they are by far my favorite games around (Zelda #1!!!). I'm sure I'll act the same way when I would finnaly get my hands on Spirit Tracks! :)

I usually open it as soon as I get in the car to get home from the store. I'll admire the box art during the drive, and if I'm quite a ways from home, I'll read the instruction manual a bit so I'll get the gist of things before I play it. But I'll never read the manual if I can play the game right away, so DS game manuals don't get much attention from me. As soon as I get home, it goes right the console without a second though for the box or manual, seeing as I like to figure things out myself in-game.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Hmm...how do I open a new game, you ask? :hmm:

Well, after I have the game in my possession, I get the packaging that the game came in off and I look at the box that the game is in. Then I will proceed to read the manual. After that's all said and done, that's when I'll get the game out and start playing. :)

Dragon Tamer

Cold hearted...thing
Well I open it like a chrismas present. I look like a little kid. :P Before I even play the game though, I look through the gaming book and read.

When I know I'm going to get a new game, I always bring that game system with me.

But only if that game I'm getting is for a portable game system... like the DS, GB SP, PSP...

Well I open it like a chrismas present. I look like a little kid. :P Before I even play the game though, I look through the gaming book and read.

xD Feces, wow... I gotta be there and record your reactions if I get YOU a game...

Though I've seen you when you get something interesting. You're pupils dilate and your eyes get all wide and sparkly... :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...how do I open a new game, you ask? :hmm:

Well, after I have the game in my possession, I get the packaging that the game came in off and I look at the box that the game is in. Then I will proceed to read the manual. After that's all said and done, that's when I'll get the game out and start playing. :)

I think I'll pick this one. ...And sometimes I reread manual after I quit my first play session.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I just open it normally and try to play it as soon as possible. I savour the game either while playing it or in my free time because the only thing that is on my mind is 'let's play the game already!' :lol:

Apple

Crazy Cookie
Usually it would be open it quickly, unless it is some game I've been waiting FOREVER for. But usually I open it as uickly as possible and play it all night.

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
When I buy get a game I absoulutley savour the moment.

1. Buy the game
2. Feel the plasitic wrapping
3. After leaving the store I smell the wrapped up box
4. slowly pick off the folds in the bottom corners
5. unwrap the plastic cover so only the center of the game box is unwraped
6. Smell again
7. slowly unwrap the rest of the box
8. Smell again and feel the strange coldness of the box
9. pry open the box
10.smell all parts of the box
11. on the drive home I admire the game chips art and color and read a small part of the manual note: read the warnings first
12. at home put game in DS/Wii/GC/GB note:if Ds game take out and put in again several times to hear the clicking.
13. play the game with box at side often admiriring it
14. before I go to bed I read the rest of the manual

I do most or all of that whenever I get a game. Unless Its a pokemon game and I have my DS in hand. Then imeadiently smell unwrap and play in the parking lot/sidewalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom