• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How do you name your horses?

I've went with naming mounts after famous steeds, or God-Goddess steeds. I figured since Nintendo had to do such with Epona, it was only fair that I did the same. I have Arion, Maximus (Zelda's Horse), Ruin (Giant Horse), Epona, and Sleipnir. The names were just based on their stats or colors, but I basically just use Epona.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
Most of the time, I do a lot of adventuring with my horse before I register it at the stable. I base the name of my horses on what adventures we have or what's happening at the time. For example, I named my horse Midnight because 1) he is black and 2) He helped me escape from a pack of Moblins during a Blood Moon. My other horses are named Joey and Dusty. I got Dusty after I defeated the sandy Stone Talus, and I got Joey while I was in the west (because it reminded me of Australia.)

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
My two Horses are named Taran and BoJack, Taran is a Pictish (Ancient Scottish) and Welsh Name, It's also the name of A character in the novels of Lloyd Alexander, BoJack is named for everybody's favorite entertaining equine BoJack Horseman.

If I ever complete the Royal Horse quest I thought about naming the horse Taliesin, which means "Shining Brow" in Welsh.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I name them by how they look, or by the words that come to mind when I look at them.

I have an orange spotted horse named Freckles, a blue and white horse with a dark blue mane named Feather, a blue horse with a white mane named Moonbeam, and the giant horse named Scorch.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I think I named the big horse Zeus cuz of how big he is, I forget what I called the royal horse but it must have been something majestic.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I always like to name my horses Cosmo. It was the name I used way back when I first played Twilight Princess and its now a staple of my Zelda Adventure. Link has Epona, I have Cosmo (or, in the case of my most recent playthrough where my horse died immediately, Cosmo II).

I use different methods for my particular games, depending on my mood.

Method #1: No Real Reason
Giant Horse - "Hunter" (because I use him mostly to run-down animals to get gourmet raw meat to sell
White Stalion - "Sprinter"
4/4/5 All-Black Horse w/ "Ancient" horse gear - "Shadow"
4/4/5 "Link's Fake Horse" - "Courage"
4/4/5 "Fake Epona" - "Epona"

Method #2: Based Off of Horses from Mary Stanton's Book, Heavenly Horse of the Outermost West
Giant Horse - "Anor"
White Stallion - "Equus"
4/4/5 All-Black Horse w/ "Ancient" horse gear - "El-Arat"
4/4/5 "Link's Fake Horse" - "Duchess"
4/4/5 "Fake Epona" - Epona

If you wonder what I mean by "Fake Epona," You can get a better idea in my recent post (and unofficial poll), HERE on these very forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom