• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How do you name your horses?

May seem lame, but i was inspired by Japanese words for according colors. I have a black one named Kuro, the royal stallion is named Shiro and a blue one named Ao. In my first playthrough though, i found myself so bonded to my horse that i had just that one, which i named Audaria, for no reason other than my brain farting out that name

I'm pretty unimaginative when it comes to naming the horses, mostly due to the fact that I rarely use them. The last horse I had, outside of Epona or Zelda's horse, was blue, so I just named it Blue.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
When I played through BotW, I often named my horses after hockey players (off the top of my head, I think I used McDavid, Draisaitl and Maroon amongst others). Maybe not the most creative, but definitely the most expected naming scheme for me, lol.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I named the Royal Horse "Storm" and the Giant Horse "Phantom" as I read that those were the names of Zelda and Ganon's horses, respectively, in works outside of the games, such as in the Valiant Comics. I then purchased the amiibo to get Epona because she is iconic and I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

Horses are useful at the start of the game, when you leave the Plateau a slater on it’s easier just to warp here & there.
Mine usually get named in order....Uno, duo, trio, Zilda-the white horse and Bigga for the giant horse.
I hate it when a horse gets killed as unlike killing animals for meat the horse just lies there complete and dead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom