• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you listen to music?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I looked, and there's surpsingly not a thread for this!
Like the title says, how do you listen to music? Do you purchase songs and download them? Do you stream with Spotify or something similar?

I've got Spotify Premium fwiw.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Most of the time I use Spotify as I subscribe to Spotify Premium. Sometimes I also listen on YouTube and SoundCloud too though and rarely Apple Music if I can't find something on Spotify.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I use iTunes, because I have thousands of songs on there and I can't be bothered to move them all manually to something else. (if only iTunes allowed library transfers.) I download stuff and upload it there, to then use on my iPod that I've had for like 5 years. I have some music on my phone, but far less. My iPod is my main music device.

I also use YouTube for video game music and stuff. Heck, I'm listening to the Astral Chain soundtrack on YouTube while I'm typing this post.

I use the itunes library usually. I like owning the files so I can physically sync them to my phone and ipod. None of this cloud stuff; it gets really messy and gives you no real control over your library to someone like me who enjoys nitpicking sorting songs and moving stuff on and off my devices regularly. Getting music is more of a chore than ever though, so I usually wait awhile before buying a bunch of stuff at once. I use spotify to stream stuff closer to when I plan on buying stuff on itunes or bandcamp so I have a better idea of what I'm gonna be getting (I've waited too long this time, though, and have like 300-some songs to sift through). It's a complicated ritual, but I'm poor and music is expensive, and my ipod can't stream anything so I need to choose my music downloads wisely.

Spotify is fine, also. Outside of my dumb music buying preparation practices, I do occasionally just use it for casual listening and have discovered a handful of artists through its recommendations. I don't feel obligated to go premium, but as a free service, I am content with it. Unless it's an album or a concept playlist that I've carefully ordered, I do prefer my playlists on shuffle and the commercials don't annoy me most of the time, so for my needs, it's fine for when I do occasionally use it to stream. But I don't think I could fully transition to streaming music, especially because Spotify is missing so many of the artists I listen to. And I like my ipod over my phone for listening to music generally.

I use youtube to listen to music occasionally as well, and discover a lot of music through there.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
In addition to the music I’ve bought from the iTunes store, I also have a massive library of video game music saved and synced to my phone. When I’m not listening to it on my laptop, I’ve got it usually got it playing in my ears off my phone.

I use YouTube as well, but I prefer to have it where I don’t need an internet connection to listen to it.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I am using an ipod that has the itunes data from my previous laptop, I have it plugged into a player I got on sale at Toys R Us years ago when my friend was working there.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don't really listen to music all that much. The occasional times I do it's usually just on youtube or my ipod. And the ipod I only occasionally use in the car. Not much of a music person, I just generally prefer to listen to shows or streams as background noise.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
iTunes mostly for me. I regularly buy albums from bands I follow or bands I'm interested in.

On YouTube, I listen to stuff like full soundtracks etc.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I generally go for Youtube, but when it comes to playlists lately I've been using Spotify + Adblock. The youtube playlist system is nice and all, but the occasional video being removed ****s everything up.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Im a stone ager as i use CDs!!! :eek: amd my brain when out and about asi cant get nice headphones that i can use properly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom