• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Like Your Meat Cooked?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Inspired by a shoutbox conversation the other night. :right:

How do you like your meat to be cooked? I prefer well done, because I've had it cooked the other ways and it's not as good if it's not cooked thoroughly. There is a pretty distinct difference, and I do not like that difference. It's gotta be well done, always. I don't like red in my meat. I don't understand how other people like it, either. It tastes uncooked. Have you ever eaten something that hasn't been cooked fully and you're like ugh? That's anything less than well done for me.

So what about the rest of you? Where do your tastes in meat lie?

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
It honestly depends on the meat in question. For example, with steak I prefer it medium-rare, but with hamburgers, I prefer it well done. Usually, though, I tend to prefer my meat to still have some redness to it, since I don't really like it being charred or anything like that as I feel that takes away from the flavor/texture, makes it tougher to chew and thus makes it less edible.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Preferably medium for steaks, with a nice char on the outside since it helps enhance the already great natural flavor of the meat. The only seasoning it needs is salt and pepper, after being coated with olive oil. For burgers, basically the same, except medium well rather than medium.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
For steak, medium rare, ideally being pink/slightly red all the way through except for a good thin crust on the outside. (When I say crust, I mean like a char on the outside) Either a reverse sear or a sous vide is a great way to have the pink consistent all the way to the edges. Also seasoned with salt and pepper.
Picture of what I mean:
1599191456699.jpeg
Honestly, the more you cook it, the less flavor/texture you get on your steak. Medium rare has the best flavor in my opinion without feeling undercooked.
Now, if I were to order steak from a cheaper restaurant, I might stick with a medium in case the steak is undercooked. Medium is almost as good.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I have been liking it as far as medium but I can't go any lower, I am getting a better tolerance for it though before I was usually between done and medium.

Ninja

Well well well
Beef - Medium rare, garlic-herb butter over the top.
Pork - Medium to medium-well.
Fish - Well, and crispy.
Chicken - Shashimi

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
For steaks, I like it Medium or Medium-well. I've had bad luck while going to steakhouses with them cooking it to my preference, I've asked for it medium-well and it ends up being well done, so usually when I'm at a steakhouse I ask for it Medium and turns out Medium-well. If I cook it myself it'll be Medium-well though ocassionally I like a Meduim steak. For seasoning I just use salt and pepper before I cook it, sometimes I put butter on it while it's on the grill.

All other meats I like well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom