• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Like the New Comment System?

Do you like the new comment system?

• Love it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • So-so.

• Hate it.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think it's all right. I'd never heard of Disqus before today, but from what I've seen it seems okay. Of course, it probably just needs time. I'm sure everybody will get used to it before we know it. I just hope it works out and that it was a step in the right direction.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I think it's all right. I'd never heard of Disqus before today, but from what I've seen it seems okay. Of course, it probably just needs time. I'm sure everybody will get used to it before we know it. I just hope it works out and that it was a step in the right direction.

Same. I have no problem with it, but it does take some getting used to. Much like when the reputation system was disabled here, I feel freer when commenting, no longer needing to feel pressure of saying the exact right thing. Doesn't mean I'm going to be careless in what I say and do, though, and hopefully others will follow that.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
While I don't think it's terribly bad I still prefer the old one, the new one looks too... simplified for me. As I said there, this might be good for mobile phone users but it looks a bit too blank now for me on my 1920x1080 screen.
For the user it's less features than before (voting, rep system are gone) but IIRC someone of the site staff said that it's easier to administrate, so I guess that was their main reason to change it.
I didn't think it was too much clutter before, personally when it comes to computer programs and related things, I prefer many options and menus to be visible and just one click away instead of having to click myself through several sub-menus just so that the main program looks more streamlined. Example Firefox: I instantly reverted back to the old style when they hid away all menus and even the bookmark menu bar which I use a lot into a single button with the introduction of FF4.

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
From fist impressions I really like it, Though my main hope is that it doesn't have as many problems for me as IntenseDebate did (which was caused by my slow internet) and so far it does seem to work much better (by not freaking out about a slow load ;) ).

That and keeping track of a conversation are all I really hope for and it seem to be at least as good as keeping track as IntenseDebate was. The only other thing to add is that I feel it looks nicer, though that's just personal taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom