• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Level Up Your Pokemon?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I want to aska small question: how do you level up your Pokemon? Do you powergrind? Do you take it in stride? Do you perhaps make it to end game, switch out for a higher level Pokemon and use the Shared EXP feature?

I personally love to powergrind. In Pokemon Crystal Version, for instance, I have a lv16 Bayleef and I haven't even made my way to helping out Professor Elm; in other words, I'm at the very beginning of the game with no other Pokemon. Yeah, it does take quite a while, but it pays off in the end. I plan to powergrind my Bayleef to like...level 20 or something, at which point I'll start my Pokemon quest to rule the world become the very best like no one ever was. ^^

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Ive never actually done a powergrind, sounds like fun,(and sounds time consuming xD) What I usually do is, choose my starter, level it up to level 10, and then add another pokemon to my party after each gym. I try to be 5 levels higher than the gym leaders highest pokemon.

univpark

Heart of Steel
*finishes game*

*decides to complete dex*

**goes to e4 with exp share**

HA. NO MORE GRINDING FOR ME!!

Otherwise, in the actual games, I grind whenever my mons start getting underleveled. I use the EXP. Share a lot, too.

I could never be bothered to power grind, I'd get bored too easily. I just tend to take what exp. I can get by just playing through the game like you normally would, usually making sure my pokemon are all the same level except for my starter pokemon, which I keep about 5 levels ahead of the rest of my time. I only ever grind if I have to, which is usually if my pokemon aren't strong enough to beat the Elite 4.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
I get to certain points where I level grind a bit to help with what is to come but, other then that, they just level up as I progress. If I do grind, it's more for EVs rather than levels. I don't train any pokemon I don't intend to keep so the ones I get level quite well. Usually by the time I got to the E4 in LeafGreen I have a team of around level 50.

Beeker

Wild Card
I do a mix of a bunch of different techniques. Usually I'll just level up in patches of grass or in water or caves, in the area that is closest to(or above but not too much) the pokemon's level. the time I probably grind most is the Elite Four, so I'm up to a stronger level than they are. The only time I don't do this is when pokemon are at a very high level(say level 80 and I want to finish them off to 100). When this happens I just grind at the Elite Four.
Another time I may do a ton of grinding is if I decide to catch many new pokemon or when breeding them. I'm doing that last one in my White game right now, catching different pokemon and grinding them up so I can see how good they are for future playthroughs. but instead of EXP Share, I'm using a Lucky Egg, since that seems to give a good EXP boost and I don't have to switch out.

Choji147

Attack Helicopter
I normally when i am doing the post game i just level them up by using the elite four can't be bothered with level grinding and stuff

The way I play most of the time (just using one or two Pokemon), I just play through normally, fighting all the trainers, and I usually end up insanely overpowered anyways. When I do try to do a balanced team, I usually have to do a little grinding with wild Pokemon. The only time I seem to get any kind of challenge is if I switch my team around a lot and never use a pokemon for more then the time it takes to get through a couple of gyms.

Brodogs

Competitive TF2 Medic
I find I level my Pokemon up evenly (when I was a kid I just levelled up one and maybe 2 others somewhat lol), made good use of Exp Share and the Lucky Egg in Black. I find I don't usually have to grind except where beating all the trainers and battling a few wild Pokemon isn't enough to get me evenly levelled with the Gym Leaders/Elite 4 at the time.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I levle them as i go but in a pokemon black nuze lock im power grinding like crazy I just beet the qst gym and 6(im at the part were plasma steals the pokemon nere the preschool are lv 20 that is 7 (starter 1st root forest monky dreem yard preschool root and cave on preschool root.)

Kirino

Tatakae
I usually just fight every trainer I see to level them up during the main game. I've never really needed to grind suring the main game that much. Though when beat the game, I try to grind and level up my Pokemon by putting an EXP share on the pokemon I want to level up and fight the Elite Four. It works really well. The first Pokemon I defeat takes them from level 1 to level 14. I always take acual trainers over wild pokemon. During the main game I usually just have 3 strong Pokemon and a bunch of weak or average ones until I beat the game and trade my Pokemon from other games or level up my other ones.

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
I almost never powergrind during the story of the games, but I've been working on a full pokédex on Black for some time now. When I train Pokémon for the dex, I give them the Lucky Egg, go to Village Bridge (my fav grinding spot for some reason) and do the EXP. sharing-swithing-tactic-thingie. Sometimes I train the harder to train Pokémon at the Nimbasa Stadion though.

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
I normally just level up my pokemon to the level that the next big battle will have and i just fight trainers and wild pokemon. Then if i do a new game i first level up then fight and i set a certain requirement for each area. Like on my leafgreen right now i have level 28 kadabra(i hated leveling up abra. It only knew teleport. :() level 22 charmeleon level 23 geodude level 22 raticate level 22 pidgeotto and a level 22 pikachu. The only reason kadabra is so high is becuz i only used it on the ss anne.(stupid abra)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom