• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Keep Track of Tasks?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
We all have tasks we have to do, whether it's managing information systems at a workplace or cleaning laundry at a specific time. I wonder, what methods do you employ to keep track of your tasks? (e.g do you keep a checklist? do you have a notepad or a calander?)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Usually, I set reminders on my phone. When I have something to do, an alarm goes off. I find it much more efficient than a checklist or agenda or anything. I also find it quite helpful to mark some particular tasks on the calendar. My hand is also a tool I commonly use to help me remember things, but only if it's not long term.

bunny

birb overlord
I am the worst when it comes to getting things done... I usually end up resorting to leaving sticky note reminds all over my house, or writing down my tasks on my hand or something. Anything that I know will make me remember. I think what's most effective for me is setting alarms. I always have an alarm that wakes me up each morning, but it helps to also set alarms throughout the day to remind me of what I need to do next. I used to write stuff down on a calender, but I can never find any that I like anymore... Well, not any cheap ones, anyways... Unless something is extremely important, half of the time I will forget and not do it, so reminding myself about the same thing up to 5 times is pretty normal for me.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
95% mentally, and I very rarely drop the ball on deadlines. Of something important is on my agenda that is a few weeks out, i have scratch paper on my desk that I use to keep track.

Dan

It's all in the mind. I don't usually forget tasks as I'm normally in full scale panic alert if I have tasks and dead set on making sure I complete them.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I don't. If you ask me to do something and don't remind me, consider it forgotten within the day. :P Hence why I tend to do stuff as I get it; like, if I notice the washing needs doing, try and do it then and there because I'll forgot till the next time I notice, and who knows when that'll be! I use my little memopad on my phone quite a lot really, with alarms to remind me but, yeah, I'm a bit ditzy when it comes to, well, everything.

By memorizing them. I often try not to have a major load to begin with, though. That way, there isn't much to...well...memorize. It also helps that I've set up a well-organized schedule; all of my common tasks are cyclical. I also tend to prepare days, or sometimes weeks, in advance for any contingencies.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I memorize what tasks I need to do in my head, although I write down exactly what to do and structure it up so I can be as time efficient as possible. For instance if I have to clean the house on Thursday I remember that easily, but I write down exactly what to do, when and how on a note.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Calendars are what I typically use to keep all of my current or future tasks in order. If I know I won't be able to remember it, and I have no calendar by my side, I'll usually write whatever task is upcoming on my hand.

I write stuff on my arm. No, literally, I write stuff on my arm in silver sharpie, my black inking pen, or blue pen, depending on the importance and/or urgency for speed of the task. (read: depending on what I have on me at the time), there are days or weeks when my arm is covered in writing, like a checklist, and times liek this where there are only a few things. But only the really important stuff goes on my arm. right now my arm reads:

TROY
It's finfvartphke
mpgjertR eyou?!

Science
Pres. Night!
________

IN
__
-

..yeah right now it's mostly faded gibberish form old stuff. But that's what I do.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I used to be able to memorize my tasks, but life has become too busy for that to work for me anymore. I usually write things down on sticky notes. When I'm home, I have a to-do list at my desk, but it sometimes gets buried under the clutter on my desk.

I kept a planner part of the time in college - I had a paper one, and later an electronic one on my ipod. I loved the electronic one, but I got out of the habit of checking it, and it went by the wayside, unfortunately.

Nowadays, I don't have a good system. I'm intrigued by Google Keep, though. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the recommendation, Clank!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom