• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you feel about selfies?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yeah, I can understand those being pretty crazy. And I never said you didn't have the right to dislike it. My point was that lots of people hate on this generation for something silly like that. Sorry if I made you feel attacked or anything.
No you didn't. I get your point and you weren't attacking or anything. My reply was just in general ;)

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Um...

Yeah. There are plenty of people hating. Not just on this site, too. Lots of people love to **** on this generation for selfies and honestly it's like one of the most harmless things they could choose to complain about. I'd much rather worry about the ****ty values of the previous generation being passed down to us than people who take too many selfies.

I have said MULTIPLE times that I'm not hating on people for taking selfies. I also said I do take them. I just find it irritating when people do it all the time. That's not hating, that's just true for me personally. It's irritating. I never said people shouldn't, I just wish SOME people wouldn't do it constantly or like at least mix it up with other things too. And seeing as I am part of this generation, I think I'm perfectly entitled to find it annoying. You can't just pick out me saying people who do it all the time are ninnies and decide that's me hating. And nobody here has hated on anyone for it any more than to say it's annoying.

There's nothing wrong with taking selfies. It's just another form of communication. I some what agree with Beauts, but if people enjoy taking thousands of selfies then more power to them, as long as their time is managed moderately.

Also if you want to have a few laughs at some really contrasting views on selfies then click ahead.
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=97254

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I take selfies occasionally - it's not something I do daily, or even weekly. I don't have a problem with people who take pictures of themselves more frequently, as for many it shows that they are comfortable and confident with who they are, though I do get slightly irritated when I have to scroll through dozens of selfies one person took in a single day.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I have no strong feelings at all, not everyone who takes selfies are those types with 5 follows on instagram posting 20 pictures a day. If my hair looks particularly slamming one day then a selfie will be born to forever keep that day intact. And if my butt looks particularly non-average one day then a belfie will be born! This is how to do it.

I suppose I take a lot of selfies... primarily because of snapchat. I know that is a super "basic" thing to do, but it is one of my primary ways of contacting one of my best friends that is attending college far away from me. Also, they are usually of me making the weirdest faces possible. Not often is it that I save any of those pictures or share them with other people. I think that is a confidence thing, and I certainly don't have to confidence to post a picture of a close up of my face.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I don't mind if people take a selfie every now and then, as it shows self-confidence, but if someone takes many selfies in a day, it's a red flag for me. If you're obsessed with taking selfies, then you're probably narcissistic or you crave attention. I know we're all self-centered to some extent (we have to be to survive), but selfies can promote self-centredness to an obnoxious extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom