• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you feel about selfies?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I take them occasionally, but it's not a regular thing. I usually only take them to show off a new haircut, or a new hat, or new clothes, or whatever. I get really annoyed when my FB newsfeed gets flooded with 20 pictures of the same girl making the same face while wearing the same clothes in the same bathroom, it's ridiculous!

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
In one word: Ick.

Unless it's a group photo that's timed and your arm isn't in the picture. [like- on a stand and away from the group]

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
lmao @ people who hate on our generation for selfies y'all realize back in the day people used to sit for hours to get portraits painted of them right that's the same as a selfie stop calling us self absorbed

If I wanna take a pic because I look cute as hell, I'm gonna do it. Don't know why so many people are against self love. We should all feel confident enough to rock selfies, bro.

Nobody is 'hating'. Most people who have any issue with it are just saying that people who do it all the time come across as obnoxious and irritating. It's a good thing if you feel confident about yourself. Mostly it has nothing to do with confidence or lack of it and everything to do with I don't want my entire facebook timeline taken up by mugshots of people pulling the same face every time.

i have to take them for my passport id and my buss pass and library card. I don't wanna brag but it's just the truth but i do look pretty good for my age so people take pictures of me but I normally take pictures of my video games and people get pretty jealous when I'm rocking a mint condition streets of rage 3 and own it for every region. I have to take pictures of myself and the game to prove I own them

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
I've two issues with it, though not with the concept itself--they've been around for long time lol like My Space days, and so I'm a little more lolwat that it's A Thing NOW. And the second issue is the name itself; SELFIE. Obnoxious as hell lol. Other than that, I'm not particularly a fan or against it. It exists and I'm okay with that.

Claire

The Geekette
I honestly don't care if someone takes selfies. If it doesn't harm anyone, then it shouldn't matter.

Special exception: selfies of/with people without their consent. We all deserve privacy, but culture also factors in here. It's simply a matter of respect.

I've taken selfies. Why? Something (or someone ♡) made me happy, I feel good, or it was requested. That's basically why I have instagram, to document thIngs that make my heart super happy (@kleirza).

I know when you look back and see someone with a ton of selfies, you may perceive them to be anything from conceited to lonely (because no one is ever with them/only selfies).

Perception is powerful, but someone else's perception of you should never bother you --even if it's true! Change it or embrace it. No one needs to feel bad for taking a selfie.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Nobody is 'hating'.
Um...
(shakes head) what has become of society

I don't think we'd ever be able to stop it, but I sure wish more people would realise how they are on level 100 ninny when they do this. Personal opinion though.

I find it ugh. Really some people do stupid things to make a selfy. We can't forbid it but it's so idiotic.

Yeah. There are plenty of people hating. Not just on this site, too. Lots of people love to **** on this generation for selfies and honestly it's like one of the most harmless things they could choose to complain about. I'd much rather worry about the ****ty values of the previous generation being passed down to us than people who take too many selfies.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Yeah. There are plenty of people hating. Not just on this site, too. Lots of people love to **** on this generation for selfies and honestly it's like one of the most harmless things they could choose to complain about. I'd much rather worry about the ****ty values of the previous generation being passed down to us than people who take too many selfies.

mine was more of a joke. People can do what they want, I just don't do it personally

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Um...

Let me be perfect clear I don't HATE on people who take selfies. If they like it fine, I'm free to have my opinion as you have. What I tried to say is the STUPID THINGS PEOPLE DO TO TAKE A SELFIE. I saw a vid on facebook in which a guy was taking a selfie while crossing a railroad just in front of a train!! Or that idiot who jumped out of a plane to take a selfie while he nearly crashed! I for one am not one who like selfies. I hardly take them and hardly will do. It might be harmless yes but it is not my thing. And sorry but if I see someone who takes like 125000 selfies of themselves in the same pose I have the right to dislike it. I won't call them out because it is their own thing and not my business and I spend my time more useful and constructive than complain about it. But nobody is going to tell me I don't have the right to dislike it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Let me be perfect clear I don't HATE on people who take selfies. If they like it fine, I'm free to have my opinion as you have. What I tried to say is the STUPID THINGS PEOPLE DO TO TAKE A SELFIE. I saw a vid on facebook in which a guy was taking a selfie while crossing a railroad just in front of a train!! Or that idiot who jumped out of a plane to take a selfie while he nearly crashed! I for one am not one who like selfies. I hardly take them and hardly will do. It might be harmless yes but it is not my thing. And sorry but if I see someone who takes like 125000 selfies of themselves in the same pose I have the right to dislike it. I won;t call them out because it is their own thing and not my business but nobody is going to tell me I don't have the right to dislike it.
Yeah, I can understand those being pretty crazy. And I never said you didn't have the right to dislike it. My point was that lots of people hate on this generation for something silly like that. Sorry if I made you feel attacked or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom