• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you feel about Mobile games?

Meeeeeeh!!

I've played a few. I played Pokemon Go but got bored really quickly because there wasn't a story and u want a story to have a reason to play a game. It turned into a chore very quickly.

Then I played Fire Emblem Heroes and it was okay for a while but then the gatcha mechanics invaded really hard and the stamina system wanted money and just ugh.

I played Tales of Link which I enjoyed. The gatcha seemed to be fairer than FEH and I got some good pulls (swimsuit Milla <3) and even though it had a stamina mechanic it never got in the way for me. Unfortunately it was discontinued.

Others such as Pokemon Masters and Shuffle and Quest etc just haven't been enjoyable.

Also they kill my phone battery and aren't worth it.

I'll try Tales of Crestoria if my phone can run it. At least I'll be able to take some screenshots of the new artwork.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't really like any on the same level of console games. But sometimes they can be fun for time wasting when commuting on the train. I think in countries (especially in Asia) where trains are more common so are mobile games because naturally that is one of the best times to play them.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
It depends. Usually if it’s a few dollars, it’s pretty decent. Any free mobile games are just money grabs, though. I used to play them a bit, but I stay away from them now.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I don't use a phone but I downloaded an emulator one time to play some of the games I was curious about.

Some of them were fun.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Kind of depends on the games in question. I own Shadowrun: Hong Kong and Dragonfall for mobile and they're both just ports of desktop games. TSince they're great games in their own right, they're great mobile games. I've also tried both PUBG Mobile and Call of Duty Mobile, and they both work really well as first person shooters on the phone. Controls are alright and they both (especially the battle royale sections) seem to work really well, replicating the desktop experience just fine.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I don't really play mobile games anymore and haven't played them in years. If I want to game on the go, then I'll use my 3DS. When I'm home, it's whatever console I want to play on at the time.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
They don't even qualify as proper videogames for me. Videogames are things I sit down to play, make an event out of it, bury hours of my life on! Mobile games aren't worth that sort of investment.

Instead, they fill a different niche - time-wasting entertainment for the toilet or commuting. Pokemon Go is a great way to spend 15 minutes at the bus stop or while waiting for your food to arrive at a restaurant, and games like Doodle Jump or Templerun are great ways to kill 3 minutes of dead time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom