• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Deal With Humiliation?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
We've all had a humiliating moment occur sometime in our lives, but my question here is how do you handle yourself in such a situation? Can you take the humiliation? Or do you cave under the pressure? Do you have an experience you'd like to share that supports your answer? Discuss.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I kiss people in the mouth. Humiliation is nothing. It's just something to reflect on. Why were you humiliated? Did you pee your pants, did you make a mistake in your technical work, did you simply forget to put the right shoe on the right foot? Humiliation is made out to be all this bad stuff, but it's just living in that specific moment. I consider it to be nothing. I've been humiliated before, but I didn't cry and scream. I just took what people were saying, looked back on it, and made adjustments where I felt they were needed.

Big Octo

=^)
Well, I usually try to get over it as soon as possible. I will have a sit down and think about what happened, and will ultimately decide that it doesn't really matter. Whenever I experience humiliation, it's over something pointless anyway. Sure, I might get red-faced, but I don't cry myself to sleep. However, drowning one's sorrows in ice cream does seem to help. :yes:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
When I'm humiliated I try to get as far away as possible. If I'm at home, I lock myself in my room and either play relaxing video games like Animal Crossing or I listen to music. If it's at school, I hide in the hallway and just listen to music until I get over it. I can't really take humiliation, but I get over it fast, even when people bring it up constantly.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Here's one experience. In school I came to Spanish class like 30 minutes late. Well, my coach/Spanish teacher (he taught PE and Spanish) asked what some verb meant and I was like super elated that morning. So, I answered with the complete opposite of what the word was [as a joke] and the entire class laughed at me. Well at first I started to ball up (because that's what I do when I'm all afraid and shizzles) butt hen I just started to laugh at myself with them. Why? Because it really was stupid. And quite frankly it wasn't funny; it was very disrespectful for me to answer like that but it was still stupid. :P

And here's another one. I came out the bathroom with a roll of toilet paper trailing behind me. Not even joking. Someone noticed it and everyone was just laughing. I didn't notice at first until I turned around and started blushing superhard. But even then, there's no reason to cave in. Just make sure there's no toilet paper on you the next time. Humiliation isn't some bad thing; it's there to examine your person and make adjustments where needed.

When I get humiliated I blush and feel like I want to curl up and die. Since it is mostly at school these acts can't happen. Sometimes i laugh them off but they always come back to haunt me.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
I usually hide in my room and wait till some other fool to take the spot light... Not really.
I mostly try to walk up and move up but if that fails then I will stay in my room for a while and hide beneath the comfort of my pillows.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It depends. usually I bounce back and humiliate the one who did it. Fortunately it doesn't happen often and when it is my own fault I always laugh loud and tell them I'm a blonde :P

Dan

It depends. usually I bounce back and humiliate the one who did it. Fortunately it doesn't happen often and when it is my own fault I always laugh loud and tell them I'm a blonde :P

I do this too, someone bites me I bite them back twice as hard, and then I eat myself.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Humiliation. It's something that I can't really take for some reason. When people laugh at me, it just sticks for a long time. I still remember times when I was humiliated 5 years ago. I understand that being humiliated isn't all that bad. And sometimes, I just laugh it off in front of everyone else. But later on, I regret doing that thing, and feel pretty humiliated long after, wishing to undo whatever happened.

But that's long term. When I just recently get humiliated, I try to push the conversation to something else, and try to act like I forgot what happened. Usually, people don't bring it up again. But when they do, again, I try to push the conversation away, and regret what I did for a few more minutes :P

That's just me. I can't really not feel humiliated. I know it's natural and happens to everyone once in a while. But it just sticks to me for a long time for some reason. I guess that's because one of my fears is being judged. And if I'm humiliated in front of someone, they would probably know me for that, and think I'm stupid. Maybe that's it. I get afraid about what others think of me really easily. So maybe that's why humiliation sticks to me for a long time.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
If it is something that people laugh at me for, and I find it funny, then I laugh with them. I find it really helps get over it if you laugh about it. It also causes people to have less of a chance of making fun of you for it, since they know you just don't care.

Although, if it is something that is extremely humiliating, and I can't really handle it, then I lock myself out. I put in my headphones, and just do my own thing. That way, I can think about what I want, without constantly hearing people talk about that moment. If I can't hear them, then it is much easier for me to take my mind off it. Plus, music helps me thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom