• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Deal with Copycats?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No I don't mean people who are copying pages on the net but I mean friends who copy you. I have a friend for 7 years now and she is real nice but what bugs me till the bone is how she is copying everything I do. To give an example if I like a show she likes it too. If I like a page on facebook she likes it too. If I am sick or having a cold or flu you can bet she tells me that she is going through the same. To make matters even more worse when I play a game on facebook she is joining that same game as well. When I take a break she is taking a break too. I joined Criminal cases and guess who joined? That same friend. She dressed her character exactly the same as my character so I changed the style and yep not even 12 hours later she did the same. It is just no fun anymore when someone is copying everything you do so much. Maybe it is admiration I have no clue but it is getting insane. So any of you ever have been through the same thing?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I can't say I have been through the same thing. But maybe just not tell her everything you're interested in, and everything you're part of? If you join a game or a site, just don't advertice it to places you know she's going to find out about it. Share some things with her, but not every single thing you do. It's okay to want to have some things for yourself.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Those kinda things are usually out of admiration, but it gets very annoying very fast. What I usually do is make sure that person picks things first. That way, they will go on their own will without having my opinion. For example, if we're playing Mario Kart or something, I purposely wait for the copycat to chose their racer or ask them to chose first. Then I'll chose what I want. The copycat wont be able to chose the person you have because they're already taken.

I have a younger sister who copys everything I say, and the way I deal with her is I tell her if she won't stop then I'll pull her hair out. I won't really do that, but it works.

octorok74

TETTAC
When I have a copycat I find a cat and train it to copy everything they do. That way it freaks them out and they leave me alone by trying to figure out how a cat bought the exact same car as them which they copied from me.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Wow. Can't remember last time I ran into someone who deliberately copied everything I said. Maybe it was my brother…

But if it's the kind of copying like, perhaps some kind of idea taking for a story or something, then I try to encourage them/my brother to have a bit more creativity. I help him come up with other ideas I could've used instead for that story if it fails.

So, my little bro is the only one who really copies me in any way, but it never really THAT much of a problem unless he's flat out taking my ideas. My mom says it means he thinks they're good ideas and wants to use them because of that, but it annoys the crap out of me, to be honest. I feel it's just out of being uncreative. I really hate being copied…

Clank

Hmm
Easy solution, run off a cliff, then at the last moment grab onto a rope and swing onto a hidden ledge

Simple, start doing things that they would never do, then they will likely stop copying you.

Silly me, I forgot about what I did the last time this happened.

Easy solution, sic your Lombax on them

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The way I deal with copycats is simply enjoy myself. If someone is copying me, then I must be doing something right. So even if people dress the same as me in real life, copy my speech patterns, etc. I'll just relish knowing that I am the original. ;)

gannondorf

Dark Lord Gannondorf
Until I start hearing there thoughts when I think "At least I'm safe inside my mind", then I will be worried.

Until then, I have a follower.

So we can go the route of absolute worship and admiration or just trolling the **** out of them.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The way I deal with copycats is simply enjoy myself. If someone is copying me, then I must be doing something right. So even if people dress the same as me in real life, copy my speech patterns, etc. I'll just relish knowing that I am the original. ;)

Just because people copy you doesn't mean you're doing anything right. Plenty of terrible people have been copied.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Just because people copy you doesn't mean you're doing anything right. Plenty of terrible people have been copied.

If you weren't doing anything right (I mean correct, not morally right), why would people follow in your footsteps.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
When I have a copycat I find a cat and train it to copy everything they do. That way it freaks them out and they leave me alone by trying to figure out how a cat bought the exact same car as them which they copied from me.

But then, is the cat copying the copier...or you? Copyception. :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom