• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Attack?

I've seen some odd ways of confronting enemies in Zelda but my new lodger takes the biscuit.

So, i must ask this question; when confronting enemies in the field how do you dispose of them? Do you stun them with hookshots? throw bombs at them and keep running or draw your sword and cut them down? Perhaps you even give them a fair chance and let them take the first blow... either way, how do you take out the enemies in Zelda games?

And as a bonus question; how do you like to toy with them? (i like repeatingly shield bashing them)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I usually just let them attack first. I like to make them think they have the upper hand. But when they attack, I easily side-step (because I rarely carry a shield) and then dispose of them. When I want to toy with enemies, for example in OoT, as Child Link I wait out on the field at night for Stalchildren to show up and then use the spin attack to take their heads off. Then I just watch them wander around to try and find me for a while before I take care of them.

To be completely honest, I'm completely brainless in the way I confront enemies and usually don't have some intelligent strategy on hand. Hookshot? Bow and arrow? Bombs? Nope. Not this guy. I rush in with my sword and hope for the best.

I will admit though, I had some fun toying with foes using the whip in Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword. Sometimes it's flat-out rude to murder an enemy; a mere lashing is more appropriate.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
To be completely honest, I'm completely brainless in the way I confront enemies and usually don't have some intelligent strategy on hand. Hookshot? Bow and arrow? Bombs? Nope. Not this guy. I rush in with my sword and hope for the best.

lmao, same here. Just keep wailing on them until they fall down.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I develop several attack strategies as the game progress, but my favorite thing to do is hold back and figure out a way to end them quickest. Usually I regard my environment and their weakness(es) before deciding on anything concrete. It's all about creativity to me. Should I snipe them from afar? Should I sneak up behind them with a bomb over my head? Should I use the Slingshot to stun them before making my move, or simply charge in? That's how I do things from a distance.

Whenever I opt to go straight in, I always put my shield up (except in Skyward Sword, when I'd prefer to keep it intact). If my adversary has a shield, then I wait for him to drop his defense or find a way around it. If they're left unprotected by any means, I attack them directly. There really isn't much else to it, unless I apply other weapons up close to lengthen out the battle some.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I typically rush up to enemies and slash at them wildly, but for certain foes (Stalfos), I do whatever I can to stun them (typically Deku Nuts work the charm) so as to take to the defensive. It's just a style choice of mine; I'm an aggressive person by nature but can switch as the situation exposes itself <3

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
Normally I slash up enemys but if I'm bored I use my items like the spinner in tp and try to bash into them or smack them with my dominion rod. That and I snipe them with my bow. I loved the hidden village part where you snipe the goblins.

Kyros 676

The Ultimate Hero
I like to make my attacks EPIC :P. In TP or TWW, I would wait to get the chance for a back slash, helm splitter, or ending blow. EPICNESS FOR THE WIN!!!

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I'll slash anyway I can. Pretty much doing it randomly until I have a way to defeat enemies.

If I'm in danger, I'll slash/throw anything I have in hand. Pretty much I don't have a plan until I figure out one.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I'm just so good and the enemies are so bad that combat is really short for me, but I would like it to be longer. So I try to do everything more manually and not attack at every opportunity and use weak attacks. For example, If I'm fighting a Stalfos in Ocarina of Time I could take it down in seconds, even with just the Master Sword, with the power crouch stab glitch, but instead I keep my shield up and wait for it to try to jump attack me and then I quickly strafe to its backside and stab it with the Master Sword, rather than jump attacking it or using the Biggoron's Sword.

The Wind Waker actually fits this style pretty well because of the parry attacks and the ability of many enemies to block your attacks. Another good way to maintain the battle is to spend some time stealing items from them. The boomerang kind of ruins it a little bit but I mostly use it when I just want to get by some enemies without fighting them.

lol..Troll the enemys. Sometimes i Play around with them. Like in SS sometimes ill use the Bellows to blow Wind on them,hen ill stop and let them come to me a bit then ill use it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom