• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do I Install Minecraft Mods-What Should I Use?

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
The way mods usually work is by typing in a code like the flying mod is something like "mod(some numbers)= fly" and you've got a mod. I think what your looking for is a texture pack, you can find them on Minecraft(I think) or from other users on Minecraft. Why don't you ask the people that use the AdventureCraft mod and Zelda Adventure Mod.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
If you want full guides to installing mods, the respective topics over on the minecraft forums normally have video tutorials.

Big Octo

=^)
The way mods usually work is by typing in a code like the flying mod is something like "mod(some numbers)= fly" and you've got a mod. I think what your looking for is a texture pack, you can find them on Minecraft(I think) or from other users on Minecraft. Why don't you ask the people that use the AdventureCraft mod and Zelda Adventure Mod.

Nope. What you're referring to is Single Player Commands mod. You can't magically make a mod appear if it's not already in the game, that's why it's a mod. You have to install them.

Refer to the forums, they'll explain the set-up.

Kazumi

chagy
Most Minecraft mods will have detailed installation instructions in their respective threads, however, there is one basic, traditional method to installing mods, that most basic mods will use.

1. Download the mod (obviously)
2. Open the "run" box by hitting Windows+R (you know, the windows key)
3. Type "appdata" or "%appdata%" if you're using XP
4. Navigate to "Roaming" and then ".minecraft"
5. Open up the "bin" folder
6. Locate "minecraft.jar" in the bin folder and open it as an archive with an application such as 7-zip or WinRAR
7. Drag the required class files as specified by the mod from the folder where you downloaded the mod to, and place them into the minecraft.jar archive
8. In the minecraft.jar archive, delete the folder titled "META_INF", otherwise Minecraft will crash when you launch it.

That's essentially it, however, some mods will require that you place folders or files into the "resources" folder found in the .minecraft directory, however if this is required it should state so in the thread or a readme file. It is integral that you read through the thread and all of the instructions that the modder has left for you, so you know exactly what to do. Many mobs have pre-requisite mods, such as ModLoader, AudioMod, or Forge. If they do, the thread SHOULD direct you towards those mods, and instructions for them. I know that AdventureCraft, for example, is a very complicated mod and likely has some detailed instructions and required pre-requisites. I've never used AdventureCraft myself, but I am very familiar with Minecraft and modding Minecraft. I would suggest reading over the instructions found the in the AdventureCraft thread in the modding section of the Minecraft forums, however if you have any additional questions, you may feel free to PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom