• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did You Waste Time?

K

Kenu_Tsunaru

I wasted some time cutting grass a lot and talking to Skyloft people when they had nothing productive to say.

On my 2nd playthrough (after I beat hero mode) I tried to get everything I could as early as I could get it. I spent a lot of time smashing pumpkins on skyloft to buy everything I could before the first temple. then I figured out on catching faron grasshoppers in front of skyview temple and sell them to get my money up faster.

I like to cut grass and just talk to everybody I can to see if there is something different said by the different characters after ANY minor event or possible trigger. I get more story behind characters that way.

I tried using every item and attack on random NPCs and enemies. Also, to avoid being repetitive, I'll add that I did a lot of the other things that others have done, like cut grass, fly around the sky in searching for random stuff, and talk to various NPCs. One of the coolest things that I have ever done to waste time was trying to fly through all the speed boost rings...

i wasted time by seeing the reaction when you would blow the gust bellows at people in skyloft. that was always fun.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Skyward Sword quite a bit of things to do outside of the main quest, but I never horsed around just to increase my end play time. This game was huge, so I wanted to partake in it every chance I could. I probably came close to 100-percenting it before finally closing my journey in January, and this was on the first playthrough. The extra content made me go hunt everything that I could down in order to immerse myself the best I could. And these activities are what I did to "waste my time", or divert myself from the conventional plot.

- Seek out Goddess Cubes
- Catch/Try to catch the collectibles for upgrades
- Practice archery on far-away enemies
- Do the Gratitude Crystal quest
- Do fetchquests
- Explore the other islands
- Find as many Wall Drawing spots as possible
- Explore Skyloft and the Provinces to get their layouts down
- Even went back through a few Dungeons, picked up anything I missed

And so much more, I'm sure. This just came from the top of my head. Nevertheless, you can imagine how many times I might've needed to change the batteries.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Most of the times I go around cut grass but also check any place and corner to spot something I haven't see before. I finished the Crystal quest, played some of the minigames, went back to the three provinces, finished the Goddess Cubes Quests etc. So it always takes a very loooooong time for me to finish a game for the first time

Zelda-Rocks

The King of all Rocks
When ever i went to skyloft i would use the clawshots to ring beetle's bell a million times becuase if i dont buy anything he dumps me out.

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
I went around looking for Pieces of Heart, Goddess Cubes, finding Goddess Walls to draw something on... I just tried my best to beat it 100%, but when i didn't do that, I would explore the Sky and try to find little islands to land on and such. :triforce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom