• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U How Did You React when You Heard Wind Waker Link Say "Come On"?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
He WHAT? Lol does he think he's a cat...

I need to get WW bad.

Zant: Every time there's text choices in SS he talks. Not just the Lanayru cutscene.

That part of Wind Waker is FUNNY. On Windfall Island at night, after certain events happen in the game, you can do a side-quest to get a spare bottle. This involves following a girl who is skulking around at night. It's a stealth-mission. You have to hide behind bushes and stuff and if she catches sight of you but you aren't out in the open, she's all "Who's there?" and then you press a button to meow - which causes her to think you're a stray cat and move on, in which case, you keep following her without being seen. If you can catch her just as she's about to break into the safe at an outdoor market booth, she'll ask you questions and if you answer her in a manner that makes her feel guilty, she'll promise not to rob ever again and give you a bottle she found on the beach.

At least, that's how I remember it.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
I always thought it did not matter, but I guess it does matter to the haters gonna hate people. I never really cared about it. I actually kinda liked it he said it.

I really didn't think anything of Link talking, i just took it in my stride and continued with the dungeon barely aware of the 'omg he just spoke moment'. I guess we're ready for Voice acting now then :P

^
Same lol

I didn't react at all either and just went my way through the dungeon. Now, after all these years I'm like "OMG! He spoke!' :P lol

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Very first time, I cannot remember. I remember I was playing with my older sister and we were both like "...did he just say something?!" since we knew Link to be "the Silent Hero".

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
It never really mattered to me. I remember thinking "oh, he said something", and never really thought about it again.

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
In all honesty, it never occurred to me that WW is the only Zelda game with him actually saying words. It just never registered as being weird to me (and this is coming from someone who is well used to text screens from Pokemon and the such)

I didn't. I had no reaction, because I didn't even notice it. Yeah it is a moment of Link's speech being heard, but I don't find it all that remarkable. They're words but they're used in exactly the same way Link's sound effects always are. It's just a quick bit of vocal noise; it's not really Link talking.

octorok74

TETTAC
I never noticed he spoke until I heard people talk about years later. To tell you the truth, I still probably won't hear it since I'm so used to the other sounds Link makes.

I didn't really pay much attention to it when he said that, although I do think it's kind of cute. I thought at first that he was just making a sound and not saying something, and honestly I still kind of treat it like that. Since it's used as though it's just Link making a sound again, I can't really think of it in the context of it actually being speech. But it's still cute! :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom