• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did You Meet Link?

That bar scene? Fantastic :D

I feel like I always knew about Link, but we hadn't properly met until I played the original LoZ (woo, NES!). It didn't take us long to become best friends :P

squadala

I don't like you either
It all happened one day while I was walking down the street and I bumped into this strange lad who was clad in green and only spoke in battle cries and grunts... just kidding! It was actually Ocarina of Time after I wanted to know what everyone was raving about. I now understand it all.:)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Non-canonically: I'm pretty sure I met an animated lout who asked an action-girl princess to excuuuuuuse him all the time and bothered her for kisses constantly. Being a young child, around 9, 10 years old or so, and a child of the 80s who grew up with no good taste in animation (to be rectified in force later), I enjoyed the show. I looked forward to it every Friday afternoon. Looking it up on YouTube in recent times... less enjoyment, not even through ye olde Nostalgia Filter - but I still don't think it was all bad. The cartoon had its moments.

Canonically - I met Link when he was just a young boy, hanging around outside a cave. According to his story, he'd apparently just saved an old woman from a bunch of monsters and was tasked with the freeing of a princess who'd been taken prisoner by a mysterious wizard. His heart burned with justice to do so, but first, he had to find the shards of a shattered artefact called the Triforce of Wisdom. We went inside the cave where he was given a wooden sword. That was the beginning of many adventures we had together, all to an unforgettable 8-bit soundtrack. We burned lots of trees and blew up lots of rock walls. We attacked lots of unhelpful old men, who threw fireballs at us. We ran away from lots of sword-weilding centaur-creatures and ghosts. Link fell many times and I told him to get back up and keep going. - We saved the princess, then did it all over again in a re-arranged world where Link fell many more times. Much fun, good times. He's never completely forgiven me for letting him die so much.

Latter 3D incarnations with death animations that are actually interesting have never forgiven me for getting them killed on purpose just to watch said death animations.

We won't even talk about the fan fics.

I first met Link when I either played Ocarina of Time, or The Legend of Zelda. I'm pretty sure it was The Legend of Zelda, because when I first played it, I hated the series until I'd played the Ocarina of Time, then I went all, "why did I hate this game???" And then I remembered The Legend of Zelda. -_-

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I actually met him in Super Smash Bros 64. He was the guy with the strong sword who looked like peter pan and robin hood ^^;

He's much more to me now of course :)

Last edited:
When i got the collecters disc and i was like 5. bringing this up makes me kind of sad because I used to always plat OoT but them somebody broke into our house and stole the Gamecube and then we traded in all of our games. *sigh* if only i knew i was going to have a wii before we traded the games in,anyway back to the story. I just ordered it online last year, but when i got it th wii couldn't read the disc. Just on the fri. before easter this year, a friend's dad told me what was wrong. It turns out where the laser reads the disc,was scratched out and if i get some kind of reflective spray (because you could see through the disc) it will (or is supposed to) work again. (but when the gamecube was stolen we couldn't find the case to windwaker so i got to keep that game.) and thus (lol fancy word that i don't know the meaning to) I never got very far in OoT. very sadning

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
I met him first when I saw my friend play Phantom Hourglass. It looked really fun so i got it myself. Don't remember how, though.

i was playing melee with my cousins, and being an avid pokemon fan at the time, was only ever pikachu, mewtwo, or jigglypuff. my cousin, however, chose link every time, and i had no clue who he was. it took me like 5 years to learn more about him. from then on i was hooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom