• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How Did You Know That You Had to Shoot the Paintings in OOT

youpster900

Pottery=Mortal Enemy!
SPOILERS
I really want to know how all of you discovered that you had to shoot the paintings in the forest temple.
I found it out because a friend told me.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
It gives you the bow, the ghost sisters moved painting to painting when you approached, so I figured that you had to have some way to handle them from a distance to pin them, and BAM. Shooting them with arrows worked.

That was my thought process anyways.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
No. I tried for hours trying to figure out how to attack the Poe Sisters. For one, I thought the Forest Temple in general was the hardest dungeon first time through OoT. I got stuck for hours several times over. It took me quite a few days to make it from puzzle to puzzle and get used to the dungeon layout. Plus, I completely forgot about the bow, so it escaped me to ever shoot the paintings. I had the 3DS version, s I had to leave the dungeon and use the Gossip Stone to show me a vision of the future to find out what to do.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Well, when blowing up the building didn't work, I figured I would use the weapon I just got to put a hole in the picture, thus ruining the temple's decorations and invoking the wrath of Majora.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I just thought it was basic intuition. And yeah, you could kind of tell since the Poe would move out of the frame, so shooting it from a far was the one of them moments when you think "What if I try this?". Zelda is a series based around that state of mind really, especially when you're new to the series.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I just noticed that the Poes would move if you got too close to them. You also get the bow in that dungeon, so it made sense to attack them from afar.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Well it's the way almost all the games are built. You use the weapon that you just got to move on. I figured shooting random things and that did something. It's actually a lot easier than a lot of the other puzzles in the series! I recall that the Oracle games for gbc had me pretty puzzled :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom