• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did You Get to Know About the Zelda Series?

Ghosi

Schmetterling
How did you guys get to know about the Zelda series?

Me, I got to know about the Zelda series through my little brother. He once had decided to get Spirit Tracks last year. I thought it was a dump idea. When he started playing it, he kept showing me the game, so I eventually watched him play almost every single time. Then he asked me if I wanted to make a file on the game, so I did and I loved it. Now I had traded the game with him so it is mine, so it is my first Zelda game. Ever since then I had gotten other Zelda games.

Alar

Clothed in Green
Okay here is my Zelda History
I first bought Wind Waker collectors edition with OOT. Then couple of years later i traded it in.Then the following year i bought PH and i thoroughly enjoyed it then i got TP then got Wind Waker and ocarina of time again, then i acquired many more Zelda games
It's a bit complicated but thats how it was.

Beeker

Wild Card
Well, I did learn a teeny tiny bit about Zelda from SSBM, but I think I didn't pay alot of attention to it:lol:
I first really knew about it when my friend lent me the Collector's disc, and I played OoT on it. Then I played TP when my sis got it for the Wii and...yeah, here I am =D

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
The first time I played and touched a Zelda......

I was 6, it was Christmas, i got my GC, i came with 3 games (was a special eddition) Metroid,Luigi's Mansion and Zelda collectors edition. First I played Metroid, I did not understand what was going on or how to play it; Luigis Mansion was awesome, I loved it! But sadly i was never able to catch a ghost (until 3 or 2 years ago i could). So i had my last option ZELDA, first I played OoT, it was soo great I complete it all except the HappyMask Quest and then tried MM and complete it, then Zelda then LA.

Since then i am a Zeldafan163 (My birthday is Jan the 16, im 13, the 1st time i played Zelda was when i was 6) so yeah thats my story of Zelda and why the 163 of my name.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Oh, wow... you guys have some neat stories. The first time I touched a Zelda game... I didn't realize what sort of magic I was holding. I was completely unaware of the great powers that Zelda gams could hold.

I first purchased Twilight Princess in late September in 2008. I owned a world record book call Guinness Book of World Records 2008, and TP was the best-selling Wii game so far. That was a while back, and since then many other games had outsold Twilight Princess. But TP as still the 2nd most played Wii game, right behind SSBB. At the time I worshipped SSBB and believed it was the best game ever created. Hah! I laugh at myself back then - there's at least 200 games in the world better than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I first learned about Link from the SSB games, so I picked TP up. I was only, what, 11 back in 2008 and I was a n00b when it came to video games in general. But TP was different - Twilight Princess changed me once I laid eyes on it. It was magical. It was brilliant. It was a Zelda game. I spent a whopping 30 hours just getting through the first dungeon (I sucked...). But I grew into the game and started loving it more and more as I progressed.

In the winter of 2009 I would receive Wind Waker as a Christmas present. Now you must be wondering... how come I purchased WW so much later than I purchased TP? It's simply because I'm asian and my parents weren't so fond of video games... so I got my hands on WW and breezed through it - it was just great.

From there I started playing more Zeldas - the more, the better. Majora's Mask was up next, then Ocarina of Time. And that's how my love for Zelda came to be. :)

And I don't regret a single minute of my life while playing a Zelda game.

When i was really young, I watched my friend (shes 3 years older than me) play aLttP on Snes. (that was before i even knew what Zelda was)
a few years later, I got Ocarina of Time (forgetting completely about aLttP) and my dad told me that he played Zelda games on the nes and I learned that it was an entire series. I shocked to find that the game i watched my friend play when i was just a little kid was part of the best video game series ever made XD

initialDable

going deku
Back when I was about 8 years old my neighbor and I were playing Super Smash Bros. for N64 and I asked who that elf guy was. They told me Link from The Legend of Zelda. At this point I never played Zelda only heard about it. Another time when I was back at his house he was actually playing Ocarina of Time. I sat and watched and watched and watched him play. That game just looked so awesome. I wanted it so badly. When I bought a Gameboy Advance my first game had be be a Zelda game. It was Oracle of Seasons (the first Zelda game I owned). Eventually I bought an N64 and my first game for it was none other than Ocarina of Time. I've been a Zelda fan ever since.

Makar

I am the wannabe Kokiri!
Ok, This is really gonna sound strange but...
My sisters got a Nintendo 64 for Christmas and they got Ocarina of time, My mom left my sisters to take care of me as a child (I was 2 or 3) and my sisters couldn't get me to shut up when they were playing Ocarina of time and so she set my in front of the TV and gave me the Controller. Now, I don't remember all this (This is a story my family has told me my whole life) and I would just make link run around in circles so when my mum returned home my sisters told her this and so every time my couldn't get me to stop crying she would give me the controller and I would shut up immediatly. So I grew up playing ocarina of time over and over and over. I could never afford any of the new Zelda games but I used to always stare at them in shop windows. Eventually I could afford them when I was about 6-7 with my pocket money and I think the second game I played was a link to the past on GBA.

Kybyrian

Way back when, I purchased Ocarina of Time. I had my Nintendo 64 and it was my first game ever. I had no other games for it, no other game systems, just my Nintendo 64 and Ocarina of Time. I guess it was the perfect first impression. After touching that Zelda game as my first, I couldn't stop playing video games. I guess it's why I'm such a Zelda fanatic and just video game fanatic in general today. Ocarina of Time was an absolutely wonderful game, and still my favorite game of all time as of today.

I don't think that any game that I've played after Ocarina of Time has surpassed it. I guess it might just be the pure nostalgia that is a main contributing factor to why I love it so much, but I think it's still an awesome game. Just about a couple hours ago, in fact, I thought about picking it up and playing it. I think I just might do that. I finished my umpteenth Ocarina of Time run just about a month ago, so maybe it's time to start a new one.

David

But you called me here...
Well, the first time I played Zelda all the way through was when my friend purchased Wind Waker for the Gamecube and he brought it to my house. I thought that the game looked really cool, so I got it myself. And thus, I was hooked on the series.

I had played Zelda before Wind Waker, on NES, SNES, and N64, but I never owned them and I didn't beat them until after I played Wind Waker.

L

Legendary Sword

My cousin has been a fan of Zelda since he was a child. About ten years ago, give or take, he gave my brother and I his copy of OoT. It was not his favorite, and he knew we would enjoy it. I immediately declared it to be my favorite game of all time, and declared Zelda the greatest series of all time. I guess was right, but I didn't beat it. I didn't even get the Master Sword before stopping the game. I played it on and off for many years, until I finally decided to play and beat it this summer (along with almost every other Zelda game). Now I wish I had played it more back then.

Even though OoT was my first Zelda game, WW was actually the first Zelda I beat. I got it on Easter from my aunt and that same cousin in 2003 shortly after its release. I did not like it at first, mostly because of the art style, but I went back about a year or two later and beat it. Now it's about my fourth favorite Zelda game, and probably in my top ten video games of all time.

As far as gaining knowledge regarding the series, I have site like this one and some of its affiliates to thank. Since beating WW, I have beaten thriteen other Zelda games, and I cannot wait to beat more.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well, I think I was 9, when I had a Gameboy Advance SP, my dad let me buy a game, and I decided to buy Minish Cap, cuz it looked cool, 6 years later, I'm hooked and now I'm anticipating Skyward Sword AAAARGH!!!! COME OUT NOOOOW!! Sigh~

So this all starts way back to well probably about 12-13 years ago. My cousin gave my family his SNES and all of his games since he got an N64. In the pile of games was A Link to the Past. At first I didn't understand anything in the game and I would always play in a file that was complete in the Dark World. I would always go to The Dark Palace, save and shut the game off only to find that I had to start back on the pyramid. After the release of ALttP on the GBA I remember that I use to love that game, dusted off my old cartridge and played it through to 100%. I eventually bought the GBA version of the game. Than about 5 years ago my friend invited me over to his house to play Twlight Princess. That game got me to buy a Wii myself and that I got TP than downloaded the origional zeldas on the VC that I could. Ever since I have love the Zelda series, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past has become my favorite video game ever. I now own every Zelda game except for the GBC games MC and FSA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom