• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did You Get to Know About the Zelda Series?

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Well, my step dads friend and my uncle once sent me a box of games for my newley aquired N64. I had Golden eye, some hockey game, and the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

I had this instict I should play this game first and formost. I didn't eject the game for 7 years.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Nothing too special for me. It's like this: my father bought a SNES when he was in college. He bought some games with it, and one of them was ALttP. I watched him play it, and decided to play it myself. I loved it. Later, when we got a GameCube, we bought WW and TP, and from there I have bought some other Zelda games, played some on the VC, and emulated some of the older ones.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
How I know of Zelda is because when I was little my sister and I went to my friend Summers house.. and her brother played OOT for N64... So whenever I was bored I would sit on the couch and watch him play... then when I got older my mom bought me a N64 and the Zelda games to! I loved them and I still do. I just wished I could've saved them from my flooded basement.. :(

G

Generations

I first learned of Zelda games, the way I use to learn about almost every game. My brother would drag me into the video game section of the store, or maybe we were on a special trip to Gamestop. He would pick a game and start getting excited. I would see the game and just go "okay".
We went in to Gamestop and he started getting really excited about this game without any cover, he bought it (for like 15 bucks) and we went home and he played it a million times. That game was Windwaker. Later we got OoT and he was more hooked on that. The trend keeps going and most of the games later, he's still playing them, and I staying up late going "the boss is soon, I know it! JUST 5 more minutes!"

P

Parktheshark

When I was about 4 or 5 I played the original Legend of Zelda not knowing what it was.Then my friend showed me twilight princess when I was about 8 but would not let me play it. So I hated the legend of zelda. About a year so and my other friend let me play Wind Waker, and I loved it! So here I am today addicted to the legend of zelda and has beten almost evey Zelda game!

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
For me it started around 1994 when my family bought an SNES. The first games I played on it were all Mario: All Stars (containing SMB 1-3 and the original Japanese SMB2 a.k.a. Lost Levels), SMW and SMK. Later (in that or the next year) I borrowed aLttP (among other games) from my neighbour and the moment I put the cartridge into the SNES I noticed that this game was different. My best friend later bought it and we were totally addicted by it. It took me about 2 years to beat completely. I replayed it several times in the following years (mostly on emulators and later 100%'ed it) and it wasn't until late 2007 that I found out that there are actually other Zelda games. Starting with OoT, I completed all of them until now except the CD-i, DS and Four Swords games.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
This commercial:

Though it didn't say much at all about the game as you can see, it looked like it would be a fun adventure game. It was confirmed whenever the kid who lived a couple houses down from me got it and I watched him play it over at his house. Maybe a month or 2 later my parents got it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first Zelda game I actually played was OoT, but I didn't really get interested in the series until 2005, when a friend gave me WW for my birthday. I've been hooked ever since.

purplelink

Who started saying Big Mood
When my sister got the n64 for her birthday i started to play OoT and just got more and more zelda games over the years

how i first got to know the zelda series was these friends i had their older brother had an n64
and i always watched him play video games but the one game he played always caught my eye
which was OoT i watched him in awe when he beat bosses
(of course this was when i was little i dont remember exactly what age tho)
then i asked if i could borrow the game if he wanted he could borrow some of mine
so we traded for a bit and i got... not to far in the game cuz i was scared of dodongos cavern LOL
that was my first experience with the zelda series and it just grew from there

I've always known about zelda because of SSB and I watched one of my friends play a little bit of OOT when it was released, but when I saw the advertisement for TP I was so siked that link turned into a wolf that I got it as soon as it came out and havent turned back since. To this day TP is still my favorite game.

I remember when I was 5 or so... we got a gamecube for Christmas, and I think a zelda collectors addition came with it or something... My older sister loved it, and so did I. (although she wouldn't let me play it for a while!) any who, I still have the same copy of it in my room, and I play it on my Wii now. Oot was the first Loz game I have ever played, although I love MM, I think Oot is always going to be special to me. (even though I chose MM in the poll)

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
My friend lent me her copy of PH. Thus, making it my first Zelda Game. And I still love it, and it's somewhere on the top 5. :D I am a total noob when it comes to the older games though, no bottles = death. Lots and lots. Actually, I'm stuck on the 4th dungeon in Oracle of Ages >.<

When I first went to my other family in Pennsylvania, I found an old SNES in their basement. They had Battletoads, some baseball game, and A Link to the Past. So I played A Link to the Past, but not very much due to my seven-year-old attention span. About a year later and I discovered The Wind Waker. I've been a Zelda nerd ever since. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom