• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing How did you get into Animal Crossing?

Threads relating to the Animal Crossing series.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
It's now been over a month since AC:NH released, and I figured it'd be interesting to see how we all respectively got into the series, given how it's been around for 19 years (starting with the original N64 release in Japan) and there's a decent amount of people here who are into the series.

For me, I've basically been into the series since the very beginning. I ended up getting into the series through the original Animal Crossing for the Gamecube. It was one of the first Gamecube games I ended up getting for Christmas 2002, alongside Super Mario Sunshine and Sonic Mega Collection. It was something that both my sister and I were interested in playing before we got the Gamecube, and once we got it we both poured a bunch of hours into it. It's definitely been relaxing and enjoyable for me throughout the years, and because of that I've kept up with the series and got all the main series titles released to this point, with New Horizons being on track to be my most played one.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
My next door neighbors had copies of Wild World and recommended it to me so I asked my parents for it and started playing. We’d sit in our bedrooms (in different houses) and play wirelessly through local connection since we didn’t have wifi at that stage.

My sister's friend in elementary school played it. She got my sister to get Wild World. I got Harvest Moon DS the same day, I believe? But I ended up getting Wild World a while later so we could visit each other. Never were allowed to connect our DSes to the router so my sister didn't really get to play with her friend except when she visited, though.

Played every title since.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don’t remember exactly how I got into it, but I know Wild World was my first. Me and my brother shared a copy between our two DSs. We both played it quite a bit. Later on my brother got City Folk, but he played it a lot more than I did. I kinda fell out of the series for a while and then fell back in with New Leaf and stuck with it. And here I am.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I played City Folk at someone’s house we visited and loved it. When I heard AC was coming out on the 3DS, I wanted it. It wasn’t out yet, and my parents accidentally got a used copy of Wild World... but we soon gave it back and got the right one. I honestly don’t know what I did with my time on New Leaf, because, minus what my siblings did, I probably played for 250 hours, yet I never got the fortune tellers shop or more than one room in my house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom