• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How did you feel when you first saw BotW?

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Impressed. That's the first thing I felt when I played it. Well, really the only thing I've ever felt from it, in contrast to any other Zelda game. I intentionally kept from watching anything about the upcoming Zelda in order to create self-hype and let myself fully enjoy it with my own eyes. And when I first played it... Boy oh boy was I blown away. I was a little disappointed that they left the TP "hot Link" design, and left the dark, realistic look, but that had already been done in SS.

Once I got my first shrine and saw those blue walls shatter...Man, the goosebumps I got from that, it looked so cool. Honestly, the first fifteen or so hours I had were the best I've had in any Zelda. After that of course I discovered how truly one-dimensional the whole world was and lost most interest. While they may have been my best fifteen hours, that's still the shortest amount of time I've ever enjoyed a Zelda game.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Super Excited! I had heard rumors about it since a few months after suckward sword and had been super hyped so when it was finally announced, I was stoked! I especially loved the Switch BOTW reveal trailer at the direct (the music was the best part MMMM that low brass MMMM) and of course I was stoked when I found that the switch reveal music was in Smash Ultimate!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I felt similarly excited. I was super stoked to see a new design for Link that didn't use his green tunic; it felt like a really interesting departure, and I was digging it. I also thought it looked gorgeous then, but it looks even more gorgeous now. Best art style the series has ever had. I was also super intrigued by the Guardian at the time, wondering what a Hyrule that has these things crawling around could possibly be like. I was not disappointed in the slightest.

Did not like the Guardians' design. Felt that the sci-fi aspect was out of place for sure. Also was not originally a huge fan of the cell shading. Honestly loved Link's design and how big the world looked, however. Enjoyed the game way more than I thought I was going to based off of the original reveal.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Well, I flipped my stuff on the table, stood up, screamed NO WAY. I still get chills thinking about it. Ever since I first played an HD game, I couldn't stop dreaming about a big, expansive, colorful Zelda, epic as TP and gorgeous as TWW. And that was like they had spray-painted my dream image onto the screen. just such an epic reveal. And the snapping of the fingers ... aaah. And I really did dig the more androgynous Link. But I love his new design to. God I'm such a BotW fanatic.. But that's what I felt!!! <33

How did you feel when you first saw BotW?

Regardless of how the game turned out, how did you feel in 2014 seeing the game for the first time?
Was not impressed and did not blow me away at all. Thing is after the mind-numbing experience playing Toilet Princess I had actually given up on the series. Lucky I decided to pick it up as something to keep me amused until MK8D arrived as I would have missed out on a real gem. BotW does have its flaws of course but it is a massive massive step in the right direction for the Zelda series. That much is undeniable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom