• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How did you discover BotW's dragons?

The dragons in BotW are pretty cool, they don't do much but I like their inclusion, I think they add to the world's mystery.

But what are your personal stories on how you discovered them?

Unfortunately for me I had the surprise of dragons being in BotW ruined before I played the game...

But my first time seeing Farosh was still cool.

I was just roaming around Faron and climbing my way up the cliff faces to search for chests in the bodies of water.
I was using Cryonis to get into the middle of a certain spring when on my way Farosh appeared and scared the hell out of me (then killed me by electrocuting and drowning me).

So, what was it like for you first discovering BotW's dragons?

Last edited:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
If memory serves correct, the first dragon I encountered was Dinraal and it wasn't too long after I found my first Hinox and Lynel. Still early in the game and terrified of anything that moves, my first thought was "oh my god, it's another roaming boss" that I did not feel equipped to handle. I'm pretty sure I ran the opposite direction (though the dragon was nowhere near me).

EDIT:

I just remembered that after I was just a little farther into the game, I did go back and try to hunt the dragons. Dinraal's fire killed me almost immediately, I never even hit it with an arrow.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Farosh was my first encounter i was roaming the forest near the faron tower and i got zapped mid glide killing me cuz i fell all the way to the bottom and hit the only bit of land between two rivers. Frigging Dragons

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My first encounter was with Naydra so I think I got the “proper” introduction to them that way. I was climbing Mount Lanayru for the shrine quest pretty early in the game and I was like yoooo what the heck is this it was a cool moment. The dragons are definitely a very cool inclusion.

If I'm remembering correctly, my first run-in with the dragons was Dinraal up in the Hebra area. Boy was flying through Tanagar Canyon. Had no idea what was going on and didn't attempt to engage him or anything (bad equipment and didn't know what was gonna happen), so I just took a picture of him.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
the foresty electric one was swarming around and i was lije whoa whats that...

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
My first encounter was with Farosh. I was riding next to Lake Hylia when he decided to emerge from the lake. I was little farther away, so I wasn't so sure what it was at first and run away in fear of it being superboss or really strong enemy

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I first saw farosh when I was gliding down lake hylia and in front of me a shadow emerges and spooked me so much.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Ran into Naydra through the quest. The second was Farosh. Whole story regarding the Gerudo Highlands, but long story short, I thought that something amazing had to be on the top of this ridiculously high mountain and was disappointed to discover there wasn't. Eventually Farosh happened to show up and I thought that this was supposed to be the exciting start of a new quest..............but nope you shoot him and it's over. I stayed on the top of that mountain for hours in disbelief.

funnier6

Courage~
So I was just chillin on the Lake Hylia bridge for the first time and all of a sudden all there’s lightning everywhere and this great galumphing dragon is flying towards me and AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Turned around. Ran. Didn’t go back there for a good while lol. Definitely one of my favorite moments.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My first encounter was with Farosh. I was fighting some lizalfos and bokoblins and defeated them. Then I heard this music and before I knew it I was electrocuted and died. I was like wtf was THAT?! Then I decided to take a picture just because it looked so cool.

I was still on the Great Plateau, up toward Mt Hylia and I saw Farosh flying around the lake and I remember thinking.. "W..t..f.. is that.."

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I was just wandering around the mountains looking for shrines, and stumbled upon one of them, forgot which somewhere in the north.

First encounter with one of the dragons was in Mount Lanayru. Fight against Naydra was the best and most memorable part in the game.

Along the way to Hateno and in Hatone Village NPCs kept saying there’s a rumour that in the past Zelda was seen in Mount Lanayru praying the goddesses. I wanted to rush to the mountain to see if there were any clues what happened 100 years ago when calamity ganon happened. Without much of a preparation, as soon as I arrived to the village, I ran up to the mountain. I had no warm clothes, only low level weapons and few arrows left. Luckily I had lots of warm meals in stock. Enemies up in the mountain were quite strong but I survived thanks to my unparalleled sneaking skills. Then I bumped into a dragon. It looked very intimidating. After I had used all arrows, dragon was still vey much alive. To beat the dragon I had to use a freaking boomerang. Not very handy tool for knocking down moving enemy in far distance. I thought I got plenty of time as I had my meals. Well, eventually I ran out of meals and had only few minutes left before freezing to death. Finally I managed to beat the dragon using boomerang. With the help of paraglider I got hell out of there just in time.

It was challenging and a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom