• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How did you come up with your username?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
bowsette-comic-1135488.jpeg

And that's how it happened. :eyes:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Mine is a reference to one of the movies belonging to one of my favourite shounen anime of all time 金色のガッシュベル!! (Konjiki no Gash Bell) [Known as “Zatch Bell!!” in English], where there’s literally an unlisted Demon #101, 魔物101 (mamono101) as the main character. For many years my profile picture was actually a picture of Wiseman, but I don’t think there were many people who got the reference.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Moe the Moblin is an underappreciated off-screen character in wind waker

At some point I decided I wasn't a cringe high schooler anymore and would prefer people I interacted with called me by my name, not any screen name or alias, so I got it changed to Mikey

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
It is just my regular name shortened to fit the character limit.

The full name is RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyoBadaBingBadaBoomBadaBippityBoppityBopBlamboBazingaBabyBogoobus The First.

But most people just call me 'Bambo'.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Both a boring and an interesting story!

The boring part, Emma is my actual real name. Like, what is on my government ID and birth certificate. Emma storytime again but I feel like it. So here goes . Try my best to keep it PG-13.

Interesting part is I am a transgender intersex woman. That means, I was born with, um, both, yeah. And at puberty I grew a bit of everything. I had unwanted surgery as a baby to correct it. Ultrasounds flagged me as female because I literally did not have any male features until much later during pregnancy than a male fetus typically should. So I already developed as a girl for months after that development stage before the hormone that makes you male kicked in way too late and developed on top of what was already there.

When I was born, doctors did not know what I was. So they arbitrarily picked what they thought would be easier cosmetically, and said I was male and scheduled surgery later to "fix" it. Mom said no to the surgery but changed my name from her planned one. She lost custody for other reasons seven months later, aunt adopted me and did the surgery immediately after taking custody, then conditioned me as male my whole life when I never was one.

Fast forward to when I came out, I had unwanted male features that had to go and female ones that needed improvement so I still had to transition. I picked a new name and filed paperwork legally change it. Without telling her the name I picked, I got in touch with my mom and she was thrilled. I told her I will tell her my new name after she tells me what I was supposed to be called. Without any hesitation whatsoever she immediately says the exact same first and middle name I had chosen with no possible way to have learned it so it really was her choice. And no possible way for me to have heard it in the past and merely forgotten because of how hostile my family was to the idea and so since I could not know, it really was mine too.

Less impossible than it sounds though. It happened because we are very similar, look, behave, sound, and think extremely alike and we used the exact same rationale to pick the names. Including how we picked opposite gender versions of the first name that was reasonably close but not too close and a middle name that was intentionally much closer. So it was a matter of pride, in every sense of the word, to just go by "Emma" wherever possible.

Mostly a shortened version of my Discord username, and a nickname I was given in a Discord server, that has nothing to do with Zelda. Though, I'm probably going to change my username, and reveal something interesting by doing so, later on. Stay tuned for that. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom