• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How did you become a Zelda fan?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
In 1999, christmas eve, me and my brother got a used N64 for christmas with 4 games. One of them was Ocarina of Time, and the rest is history

karu

Panamaniac
I liked to watch my brother play his games, and for a while he used to only ever play TP. Then he moved on to Smash Bros. which I got to play with him and I always used Link or Zelda/Sheik because I recognized them from games he'd always play. Then he got SS and of course I watched him; he never finished it and it bothered me that I never got to see how the game played out, so I look up a walkthrough on YouTube.

I actually stumbled upon the ZeldaDungeon.net video walkthroughs for most of the Zelda Games and they got me hooked on Zelda. So I bought myself a copy of TP for the Wii and OoT for the 3ds. I even have a MM skin for my 3ds, not to mention the Toon Link plush and other merchandise from the franchise.

I love re-watching the video walkthroughs and even reading them, so last year while I was at lunch reading the walkthroughs I learn about ZD-i and the rest is history.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
I was like 9 and found my family's SNES. My sister told me we had a $500 game on it. That was, A Link to the Past. I loved the overworld theme. I still haven't beat the game. Then a bit later, I remembered that tune and traced it back to LoZ. I then asked my sister fot OoT:3D. I got it for my birthday. Then eventually I found ZD, then a few days later got a Switch and BotW.

My first Zelda game would have been the collectors edition that came free with my GameCube (which I didn't get until 2004 when Pokemon Colosseum was released here)... but I never really go into them at the time... I then got Wind Waker around a year later, played most of the way through it, but wasn't really hooked at that point.
It was only when I got Twilight Princess on the Wii that I finally got hooked... it was the first Zelda game I actually completed, and once I did I couldn't resist going back to play the others... and I've played every Zelda game since (plus a few older ones I picked up on the virtual console).

Ninja

Well well well
I was extremely young when I received Ocarina of Time in an Easter basket. I didn't know what the hell I was doing, but damnit, I was having an amazing time getting lost in Kokiri Forest. I didn't use a guide so young me took about a year to finish the game, taking various month long rage breaks. I'll never forget hearing the Lost Woods for the first time, and all of the other iconic tracks.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I played Ocarina of Time :)

It's usually that simple for a lot of people :ezlo:

DragonEleven said:
My first Zelda game would have been the collectors edition that came free with my GameCube (which I didn't get until 2004 when Pokemon Colosseum was released here)... but I never really go into them at the time... I then got Wind Waker around a year later, played most of the way through it, but wasn't really hooked at that point.
It was only when I got Twilight Princess on the Wii that I finally got hooked... it was the first Zelda game I actually completed, and once I did I couldn't resist going back to play the others... and I've played every Zelda game since (plus a few older ones I picked up on the virtual console).
Cool story, bro. Sounds familiar. Cept Zelda had me at Ocarina.

CyborgElfStephanie

Just a loser loving Legend of Zelda and anime
I've been a fan of Zelda Ocarina of Time when I was in 4th and 6th grade (Though I played it earlier in my years as well but gotten crazy about it later) and Legend of Zelda in general since high school

Last edited:
Wind Waker. I didn’t have a console growing up so I only played at my grandparents. And since WW is only single player, my two brothers and I would decide who played. It ended up that my eldest brother would play and my other brother and I would solve the puzzles and tell him where to go. Took 5 years of visits to finish. I didn’t get super hooked until I played it for myself a couple years later.

playing the original on the nes in 1988 after receiving it as a gift

after reading most of the other answers here it gave me kind of a feeling of being somewhat old but being (only) 37 that is certainly not yet the case

When I was really little, my uncles would visit my parents and I often, and they usually played on the N64 to play 007/Ocarina of time/Yoshi's story/Super Mario 64/etc. I became a fan of all those games, but Ocarina of Time was special to me. I instantly became obsessed, and nothing else brought me more joy than playing it.

ToonLink64

lamer gamer
one day, I was at an all nightery where one person brought an N64. we played smash bros but soon, I was looking up what the other characters were from. LOZ caught my eye, so I played it and..... yeah I think once we are introduced, we all have the same story

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom