• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How Did Link Survive?

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Magic?
It's a video game, do you really want to play a game that requires Link to search out and buy meals 3 times a day or he dies? We don't want real life and realism down to the letter, we want fun and fantasy!

Well, I'd at least like to have the ability to eat something other then soup...

Why would the hero of time need to eat? He's the... Hero, of time. :) Considering the Legend of Zelda is a video game, how many video games out there require you to eat for nourishment besides Pac Man, Final Fight, and any RPG style game wher eyou're constantly feeding yourself health/mana potions?

Can we count Milk, chu chus, and fairies as nourishment? I'd assume one fairy could grant weeks of nourishment :) Those are my ignorant thoughts on the topic, but I think being the hero of time, and the hero of the game requires him special privs!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The whole sleep thing, like everyone else said, was magic. Magic really doesn't need an explanation.

Now as far as eating goes and sleeping goes, if you look back in a lot of other video games, you'll see that people don't eat or rest either. Of course there are those that do let you do so. And there are Zelda games where Link sleeps and eats. Disregarding that, I have actually theorized that whenever Link gets magically healed by things like fairies and potions, these are actually nourishing him and allowing him to "sleep without sleeping." Whenever Link gets tired or sick, his hearts go down. But whenever he eats something good or rests, his hearts go up. Correlating that, is pretty easy to say that all the needs of his body, not just his physical wounds, are taken care of whenever he gets healed.

Kylon

Deku scrub
The master sword kept his body sealed within the temple of time so it kinda was and wasn't sleeping at all and as for him never eating I dont know the best thing I can come up with is the potions and faiths keep him nourished

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom