• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How Did Link Survive?

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Ok, so when Link pulls out the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time he sleeps in the Temple of Time for 7 years, right? WTF Nintendo!? How come he was able the live for 7 years asleep, without nourishment? That doesn't even make sense! On another note, it's a friggin miracle that Link can even stand in any of the Zelda games because he doesn't eat! I think all he's ever had is soup and milk, which he barely gets. So, what are your thoughts about this whole Temple of Time thing and/or the fact that Link practically never eats?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Are you searching for logic in a Zelda game? Logic in a Zelda game, my friend, is an oxymoron. :P

On a serious note, his sleep was induced by the Master Sword, a mystical item. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that it's divine powers allowed Link to stay healthy and normal while his spirit was sealed for seven years.

Pen

The game is on!
It's magic Ruby Link, it's all magic! When link sleeps for seven years he is watched over by Rauru, so I suspect Rauru has some magical powers... Wait! Of course he has, he can summon a rainbow colored bridge to Ganon's Castle, so yeah. It's definitely magic! :D

MW7

On a serious note, his sleep was induced by the Master Sword, a mystical item. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that it's divine powers allowed Link to stay healthy and normal while his spirit was sealed for seven years.

That or Rauru hooked him up on an IV for nourishment. I dare someone to find one piece of evidence to the contrary.

As Caleb would say: "Link's a ninja". But in all honesty he was placed into a stasis for the 7 years. When he woke up, he was just as healthy as when he took the master sword. As for why he doesn't eat, he has those hearts. He can survive being hit in the face by a freaking axe! He eats enemies hearts for food. Lol but in honesty he probably eats off-screen. So don't play OoT for days on end because poor Link has to eat some time!

Norisom

Hero of Something...
Link was pretty much in a coma being "nourished" by the gods I guess. Also he doesn't eat because this is a video game.

biggreenhawk35

Link's Hawk/Celtic Form
just another example of irrelevant video game logic i mean yeah like golden wolf said links a ninja and yeah maybe while you don't play link goes to hyrule castle town and get some food or lon lon ranch

T

TURTLESKICKU

Logic in the legend of zelda does not exist, its just a game :)

Didn't his spirit get sealed or something like that? That's why he survived I guess and that eating thing, it's just a gameplay thing. I'm sure he eats food, we just don't see him eat because why would we want to waste time watching Link eat?

When you are sleeping, your calorie consumption also goes down--which you could easily go without eating for a longer period of time than you would if you were awake. Not the best example since Link was out for seven years, but a lot of mammals hibernate in the winter using this concept. They just gather a bunch of food to last them enough calories throughout the entire season. Going completely dormant is pretty effective, in this sense. I suppose since we never see Link eat, I can't necessarily say this is why. Unless his Kokiri Tunic has chlorophyll in it and that provides him his energy... (Well, the Kokiris are connected to the forest and as far as I'm concerned, it should have some sort of ability like the others. The photosynthesis-performing tunic... xP)

Oh, but when "logic" doesn't serve an explanation, it is probably magic. The entire Golden Land is enchanted, so if he is sealed away, he probably is being watched over and protected. Also, this game is about time-travelling. Think about how when Link plants the Master Sword back into its pedestal, it sends him back to the past. It probably just sends his mentality to the future. He doesn't remember anything from the seven years in between because he wasn't there. He skipped it entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom