• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Dark Link Came to Be

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Dark Link is kind of in the series before Twilight Princess with Ocarina of Time and doesn't show up again until The Adventure of Link, both of which are completely different and are unexplained as to exactly what they are. No attempts at any connections have been made, as well. So, no.

One theory is that since Link has to be immaculate (free of sin) to draw the master sword, the gods took his dark side and made another creature out of it. As Link is the beacon of good that shines in Hyrule, Dark Link is the shadow of that beacon that must exist for it to be compared to.

Big Octo

=^)
Ugh... I'm sick and tired of Dark Link theories.

I'll give some very useful input: Dark Link is just a spell, he isn't really a separate being. Simply a spell created by Ganondorf or whoever else is trying to kill Link.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Dark Link is Lord Ghirahim's lingering sentiment.

Hmm, that's a very interesting theory. However, I always thought that his sentiment was Vaati.
Ghirahim on his sentiment ~ "...and he will have hair almost as fabulous as mine!"

Anyway, no, it wouldn't make sense if Dark Link were made after he appears. I, for one, don't actually believe that Dark Link is the same in every game however.

Dark Link is usually created for some purpose.

In Adventure of Link, he was created to test if Link was truly worthy to claim the Triforce of Courage and awaken the sleeping Zelda, so he wasn't so much a villain as he was a test.

In Ocarina of Time you could argue Ganondorf created him after watching him fight in the Forest Temple and made a creature with those fighting skills in mind.

In Oracle of Ages, several Dark Links appeared as foot soldiers during the final battle with Veran.

In Four Swords it isn't explained where he game from so you could argue Vaati made him, though canonicity is questionable.

In Four Swords Adventures he was created via a dark mirror that no doubt made him through Link's reflection.

In anything else, he's just a representation of someone else or a bad guy in a mini-game.

So there is, in fact, not one Dark Link. There are multiple, each made for different reasons, mostly to be an adversary for Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom