• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Can We Make the Forums More Fun?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Less bickering about forum politics. Less arguments that lead to condescending commends and unnecessary tension. Less pathetic grudges and rivalries.

I miss when I joined and I just used to hop on and talk to a select few members about games and other random stuff. I miss when I used to actively take part in discussions, make theories and debate about Zelda/other games. Now all my effort seems to be put into discussing whether or not a certain rank should go, justifying staff actions/decisions, trying to defuse arguments that always stem from rather trivial things. Honestly, I would prefer a Sky vs Great Sea debate than all this.

What happens on the forum, and behind the scenes, is important and I don't mind the discussion, but when that completely takes over the forum, it just cancels all the fun. No wonder not many members stick around or existing members leave - there's too much tension, too much conflict over basically nothing. There needs to be more focus on creating decent discussions, promoting more fun events, and just bettering the environment around here.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Less bickering about forum politics. Less arguments that lead to condescending commends and unnecessary tension. Less pathetic grudges and rivalries.

I miss when I joined and I just used to hop on and talk to a select few members about games and other random stuff. I miss when I used to actively take part in discussions, make theories and debate about Zelda/other games. Now all my effort seems to be put into discussing whether or not a certain rank should go, justifying staff actions/decisions, trying to defuse arguments that always stem from rather trivial things. Honestly, I would prefer a Sky vs Great Sea debate than all this.

What happens on the forum, and behind the scenes, is important and I don't mind the discussion, but when that completely takes over the forum, it just cancels all the fun. No wonder not many members stick around or existing members leave - there's too much tension, too much conflict over basically nothing. There needs to be more focus on creating decent discussions, promoting more fun events, and just bettering the environment around here.

And the truth shineth forth! JC, you are exactly right, while threads about improving the site are important it shouldn't be the basis of debates. It takes the fun away. Just like you, when I first joined things were a lot... calmer. My friends and me would joke around, create theories and just random video game related topics, and then help each other improve our writing. There was less useless bickering, and not too many rivalries. The overall vibe was different than it is now, that is what has changed. The majority of my friends from back then don't even log on anymore, they have gone and joined other forum communities. Why? Because this one is not like it used to be.

Also awhile back I did a sky/great sea debate. Lol, I could send you a link but you probably have already seen it in the past.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom