• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Can Ganondorf Be the Main Villain of Skyward Sword?

I know it is almost certain there will be no Ganondorf, as awesome as he is.

But if he was included, how do you think he could be the main villain?

Here's a quick though, why not time travel? Why not you ask? Because that would be stale! Oh come on, you know that was funny.

Tell me your ideas here.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
They won't include Ganon(dorf) for multiple reasons, among them the fact that people are a bit fed up with him. He's been in every single Zelda game with the exception of some of the handheld games and Majora's Mask. Sometimes, he's the main villain from the start, other times he's been the secret villain behind what appeared to be the main villain. It's been done so many times that "Hijacked by Ganon" has become a phrase slowly invading pop culture.

But for the sake of this game, let's play this through. How could Ganondorf hijack yet another game?

Well, time travel is one possibility. Using some mcguffin artifact, he could travel back in time to erase the first Link from history, in the hopes of preventing the cycle of rebirth amongst his descendants. He can't kill Link's parents, because he can't reach Skyloft and they're safe there, so he has to lure the first Link down to Hyrule somehow. Which he does by using the puppet villain of the week, presumably the Kefka-looking dude from the GDC trailer.

Another possibility is having a young Ganondorf that learns of the prophecy that he will eventually conquer all of Hyrule. He would be a young boy, kind of like an Anti-Link. At the end of the game, he's defeated and put into some kind of suspended animation.

Or the dark interlopers put a spell on him that prevents him from dying. Every couple of decades, he reappears, claims to be his own son and takes control of the Gerudo tribe. When he can't hide the fact that he doesn't age any longer, he leaves the Gerudo "to raise his son", only to repeat the charade again and again.

I guess the most likely scenario is a weird dream sequence, half prophecy, half big lipped alligator moment, kinda like the Dark Links scene from Twilight Princess. At some point in the game, we'll see what the future holds, complete with flashes to Ocarina of Time. I suppose there is even a way to tie this into Ocarina of Time 3D somehow.

Of course, that wouldn't make him the main villain. For that, you need to cheat. Either by using time travel, extending Ganondorf's age to ludicrous lengths or by doing something like... That new character from the GDC trailer ends up morphing into the giant warpig form that we associate with Ganon. He gets sealed in the Triforce of Power somehow, and when Ganondorf touches it, they somehow merge, which would mean that it was this other guy all along that was the bad guy. And then a later retcon could flip this, establishing that when Ganondorf touches the Triforce and they merge, he lives through new guy's memories or something. It's magic, they'll find a way. If they want to.

There are tons of ways to shoehorn Ganondorf into the game. But I really don't think they should do it.

Last edited:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Yeah, Nintendo's both creative enough to find a way to put him in there if they wanted to, and stubborn enough to do it even if they didn't have the creativity.

I guess the game could set up to his rise into power, or birth or whatever, but that's about as far as I see his inclusion in this game.

But Nintendo is so damn unpredictable, just ask Michael Pachter, your guess is as good as mine.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I'm sorta neutral on seeing Ganondorf as the main Villain in Skyward Sword. I think i would fine with him being in it in some way but would rather see a new main villain.

maybe Ganondorf would not be controlling the main villain but actually working along with him in some kind of deal.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
I hope Nintendo is smart enough not to bring Ganon back, but I don't really trust them at times. The only way I can possibly see Ganon being the main villain, is if that character in the GDC trailer is like a Zant character, and Ganon is giving him power.

I would like to see Ganon, not ganondorf, for some reason I dont know what would he do, but for ganon, maybe we can see the origin of Ganon, the demon, or the trident ganon (so we can make a relation between ganon and the gerudos), that would be great :D

BeastGanon.png

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Hmmm. Well, we could do the whole same thing again, where we have 1 villain, who seems to be the bad guy, and then it turns out that he has devoted his wholeness to the big G-dawg and made the pledge of staying in every friday night, yaddah yaddah yaddah,TURNS OUT THE MAIN VILLAIN IS GANONDORF AFTER ALL!! <oh my god!!> , which would be really freaking boring, but I could live with it (i suppose) if they decided they HAVE to do that. However: all I ask is this: Ganon looks lie a massive blue pig wielding an awesome trident. The reason: When Super Smash Bros. Fisticuffs (no that's prolly not the name, I just thought it would be humorous) comes out, we will be playing as a killer awesome pig weilding an awesome trident. That would be cool.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I really hope they don't include Ganondorf in this game. I just feel like I've seen him way too many times. Urgh.
I guess they could do this whole thing where it's a different Ganondorf (like not related to any of the other Ganondorf's at all) and the guy/girl thing in the new trailer is a sword spirit. So at first you'd think, "Hey that evil sword spirit is the main villain!" But then you figure out it's really Ganondorf, and in the final battle you have to use your Master Sword and battle against Ganondorf while he's using the guy/girl thing as his own sword.
It's pretty much like Zant and Ganondorf in Twilight Princess, but whatever.
Please don't do it Nintendo.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I would like to see Ganon/dorf period. He needs to be the villain. And the whole Ganon being overused is just not solid. Then why don't people complain about Bowser in Mario. It's called being a main villain. It doesn't have to make sense just like Mario. It's just the next Zelda game, timeline doesn't mean anything because there is most likely no timeline. It's a game anything is possible and Ganon is the main villain in the Legend of Zelda just like Bowser and Eggman are to Mario and Sonic. Why are you going to not put such a popular villain in a main entry of the Zelda series if he's been absent for how many years now?

Last edited:
I couldn't see Ganon(dorf) as the villain, but I COULD see him making a brief appearance in the game. The game could end with his birth, or a prophecy that predicts the events of OoT.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I actually don't think he will be in this game. Nintendo said that Zelda would be in the game but when asked if Ganondorf will they said they didn't want to say. Also, in Ocarina of Time it tells when Ganondorf was created and it wasn't that long before the events of Ocarina of Time, seeing as how only every 100 years a Gerudo male is born. And at the time he was the most recent.

But it is Nintendo and I'm sure they can figure something out (they have before).

S

sizzlmcfizzl

Hi everyone! I'm new and I just want to say hi.

Anyway, I think that the game should show Ganondorf's birth or beginning and have the game carry into OoT. I do like the idea of Ganon and the whole "start of the Gerudo race." But it's not up to us; it's up to Nintendo. I just can't wait till it comes out! :D

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Oh come on guys. Ganon's been absent for the past two games; give him a break. Besides, he's the main antagonist of the entire series, and one of the main characters overall. Nintendo can't just cut him out for good. Just be grateful that we've had other antagonists so Ganon wasn't in every last game at least.

As for being in Skyward Sword, I really have no idea. But in approximately three months, we'll find out. He may be the main villain, control another villain and turn out to be the true bad guy, or not be in it at all. For now, the best thing to do is to just have fun debating over it. Who knows, maybe somebody's post in here got a lucky guess already.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
the whole Ganon being overused is just not solid. Then why don't people complain about Bowser in Mario. It's called being a main villain.
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Wart
Smithy
King Boo
Shadow Queen
Dimentio
Cackletta
Princess Shroob
Fawful.

vs

Ganon
Dark Link (working for Ganon)
Agahnim (but really Ganon)
The Nightmare in its various forms (among them a dead ringer for Ganon)
Ganondorf (turns into Ganon)
Majora
Onox and Veran (and then Ganon)
Vaati
Vaati (and then Ganon)
Zant (and then Ganon)
Bellum
Malladus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom