• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Are You in Dangerous Situations?

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Yeah, so what I mean by this is how do you react to dangerous situations? Like do you panic, are you calm, how do you react?

For me, it depends on a lot of things, but for the most part I used to just not be able to handle things and would just panic. Now however I've sorta trained myself to the point where last summer, when I got knocked over by a charging horse, I just focused up and calmly rolled over to avoid being trampled. So basically I can deal with life threating situations really calmly now without much trouble. It's sort of just a regular thing for me.

What about you guys?

P.S. I don't mean to sound like a stuck up jerk at all, just saying how it is. :D

Clank

Hmm
It depends on the situation...but if it is truly dangerous I tend to get a adrenaline rush, which some could consider panic I suppose.

Dan

Yeah, so what I mean by this is how do you react to dangerous situations? Like do you panic, are you calm, how do you react?

For me, it depends on a lot of things, but for the most part I used to just not be able to handle things and would just panic. Now however I've sorta trained myself to the point where last summer, when I got knocked over by a charging horse, I just focused up and calmly rolled over to avoid being trampled. So basically I can deal with life threating situations really calmly now without much trouble. It's sort of just a regular thing for me.

What about you guys?
P.S. I don't mean to sound like a stuck up jerk at all, just saying how it is. :D

You dealt with a horse my friend, that is nothing compared to a hippo, which is a real life threatening situation that you cannot escape, and if I were face to face with a hippo, I'd try to end my life before the hippo can end it. Although i'm not entirely sure how I handle dangerous situations like you described, I'm normally very cautious and haven't been in any such situations for a while, I'd say I'm okay with them... ;p

Hell if I know. Good I'd guess.
I did not get a chance to prove myself or coward out yet.

Although I have been preparing myself both physically, mentally and logically for such a situation for years now. I know what to do in a lot of dangerous situations, have some basic skills of survival. But as I said, I have yet to see what I would actually do. If I do get to join the military, that might save my life one day.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I would try to be calm and serious about it. I won't even try to panic or be scared since it'll be completely useless. It's better if you stay calm in dangerous situations and always be prepared.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Hrmm, well I've never been in one myself (that I can remember being fully aware of my dangers), so I can't say really. Once I was almost hit by a car while riding a bike, but I was looking the other way and didn't even see the car, so I had no idea what would have happened. :bleh: But I guess I don't panic; this'll probably sound illigitamate, but I did take a CRP/First Aid class and that kind of helped me. So yeah, I don't panic. :>

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Truly, for me, it depends on the situation. I haven't been in many dangerous situations before. I recall one, when I nearly was run over by a speeding car while trying to cross a busy city street. It happened so fast that I had no time to even think, I just moved the heck out of the way almost on pure instinct, I would say; the car missed me but barely, and I do mean barely. Afterwards, though, my heart was racing and I felt numb and weak, for I really came close to death that day.

octorok74

TETTAC
I'm fine. I just sort of stand there afraid but not showing it. I'm not afraid to die, but I don't want to leave behind friends and family.

Joy

The Sexy One
Most people have three ways to react, just like animals. Freeze, fight, or flee.
I was in a dangerous situation a couple of years ago that I'd rather not talk about, and I panicked and froze at the beginning, but as soon as I had reached a point I fought back and got myself out of that situation, luckily.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
So far the most dangerous situations I've been in *knocks on wood* has involved dealing with raging people trying to hit me. In that situation I managed to deal with it calmly and firmly, calming down the person until they didn't try to hit me anymore. So right now I would say I stay calm during dangerous situations.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
There's a lot of unnecessary screaming and arm flailing. For example, my friends and I were crossing the road when suddenly a car sharply turned the corner and was poised to hit us so I just started screaming and bolted across the road waving my arms behind me because for some reason when I get into situations like that my brain thinks that flailing my arms is somehow gonna solve the problem.

My default is to run away screaming.

I was almost struck by a speeding vehicle earlier while walking home from work on a busy road. My reaction to that: "What just happened?" followed by a shrug. This response, or some variation thereof, is the norm for me. I am always cool, calm, and collected no matter the situation. It is very seldom that my emotions get visibly stirred in general, though...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm typically one to hyperventilate in dangerous situations, but I always try to keep my cool. At one point, a bomb exploded near my house...of course I was shocked because of the huge boom, but I then recovered and checked around the house - even outside - to see if anything or anyone was damaged.

Night Owl

~Momentai
You have to train yourself to think and respond to adverse situations. Otherwise, like animals, you'll get yourself killed because of panic.
I went to a survival camp this last winter, I learned that your mind is the greatest tool you have in any situation.

You'll learn to respond better if you practice, mentally, various escape/survival scenarios ahead of time. Take notes of all exits when you enter anything, that includes windows.
When you are driving, try to have a plan ready just in case. Look at objects and figure out what uses they could have in a given situation.

I haven't been in any situation of that sort, but I'd like to think I'm getting better at being mentally prepared for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom