• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Are So Many People Finishing Skyward Sword So Fast?

M

Major

I play it fairly fast, going through the areas relatively quickly. I then 100% the game, and start a new file on the third slot and beat the game, then 100% on Hero Mode. I am currently playing Hero Mode for the first time, but not 100%-ing it. I'm about 1/3 of the way through hero mode, and have played about 75 hours, including the first time I played it. I will also take my time and admire it more. I predict this will all take around 300 hours. How's that for content, Skyrim?

U

UltimaFBM

It took me about 32 hours to beat the game on normal mode, and 20 hours to beat the game on Hero mode (after knowing what to do and able to skip cutscenes). Then I spend about 3 hours to find all the stuff. Overall, 55 hours of gameplay to reach to last boss on Hero Mode with everything completed, 100% completion. :) But yeah, pretty much it depends on knowing what to do, your skills, and how much time you spend playing.

A

Albo

The excitement is a motivator, but like you, I prefer to play the game slowly. I like to take the time to savor the game and appreciate the creativity behind it. It sounds bizarre, but I always like to switch to first person to admire the artistic detail and design of the graphics. I also enjoy finding easter eggs and other secrets. Everyone just appreciates the game differently I guess. No doubt Skyward Sword is indeed incredible, so it is completely understandable why people breeze through it so quickly! Yeah, like you said, seeing how Hyrule will end up is a huge motivator... although I find myself completing dungeons mostly to catch up to Zelda, and unlock new character reactions. The characters' vivid personalities make the plot moving and engaging! :)

same here, which is why it took me 80 hours to finish my first playthrough which i managed to do today. what an experience skyward sword was though. still have two heart peices left to 100% but with me i'll probably have to get 99 of each treasure and bug, fill my bag to its 9900 rupee limit, try and improve my score on each minigame, explore the world again just before the final boss fight which will probably take me up to 100 hours :P and then, after that i've got hero mode to get through>_< can't wait!

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
I know what you mean, I got the game on release date and I couple of days later I was hearing that people had already finished the game. Which scared me for a while because I thought the game was gonna be hella short and easy. But so far I have like 21 hours in and Im in the Lake Dungeon. Im taking my sweet time I guess :lol: but Im enjoying every single second.

Also, I dont spend all my time playing the game, I go hang out with my friends and girlfriend after school, I go out and party. Im trying to find a job so I can stop being a pedestrian. I practice the guitar, do school work, work out and do many different things. But when I play I promise myself Im just gonna play for a couple of hours and then I look away from the screen and realize it's been like 5 hours. xD

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I think a lot of people have a lot of time and can't put it down. And this is a Zelda fan site after all. I got it on the 18th but I'm somewhere in Eldin. I actually got to Eldin on like the 20th, I just haven't had much of a chance to play it because of my brother hogging the Wii, school work and dance stuff. I will probably go back on it soon and I do love it but I'm not the kind of person to rush through a game, I like to enjoy it in time.

K

KinRyuTen

I played it from the day it came out and finished six days later. Doing a ten-hour binge on the game though wasn't the smartest idea as I kinda fell asleep after the "The End" screen came up.

R

Rikku9314

It came out on Sunday here, and I had Sunday-Monday off from work, and then I had 5 days off later that week...

I tried to play it non-stop, but my grades started falling, and my mom threatened me with no zelda D: if I didnt get my grades up. So I am spending my life on homework, and I have weekend long zelda marathons. Expect me to finish the game by January.

Took me about 70 hours to beat it...but a portion of that was unsuccessfully playing around with the boss challenge trying to get the hylian shield. I used the ZD walkthrough.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Because they're FREAKING CRAZY, that's why. Even here they say they finished it in 30 hours er so, and I'm at 50 and at Nayru's Silent Realm. (Even people with 70 hours already finished it! coughCRAZYcough)

I've had the game about a week and couldn't get the hang of the motion plus fighting at first as this the first motion plus only game I've ever played. So then I took a break for two days then started a new file which I'm still on now and am about to go to fire sanctuary, current play time is 46:17

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
I finished Skyward sword on Dec. 4th and got it on the 20th of november. i finished in 56 hours and 59 minutes, and i got all upgrades and graditude crystals. Not all hearts or goddess chests though. i thought this game was fantastic, and i can't believe people are finishing in 30 hours. That's insane, because I think i was finishing faron silent realm and starting Ancient Cistern at that point. I had a few hours everyday and played ALOT on weekends. It was amazing. But I can't imagine beating it in 30, people mustve wanted to get the game over with and beat it as fast as possible =P

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would've finished it over a week ago if it weren't for two problems...

1. My original playthrough suffered a file corruption.

2. After I finally made it a little farther past my progress in the corrupted file in a NEW file, my Wii Motion Plus got screwed up and now I can't even play the game anymore until I get a new one.

I made it so far so quickly because I stayed up late even on school nights to play for hours at a time. And believe me, when I want to beat something, I beat it. Whether it's a dungeon or a boss, I will eventually figure it out and prevail, sometimes rather quickly. When I'm determined, there's no telling how fast I will accomplish something in a Zelda game.

But that's just me.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I would have been finishing the game three days after release, but I stopped after realizing, "This is a Zelda game... why the hell am I rushing through it?" So instead of going straight to the portal that warps you to Demise, I went back through the Gate of Time and tried to 100% the game taking my sweet-sweet time before finishing it. I actually stopped playing though, I don't know why... I guess I was over-whelmed with other activities... I haven't even turned on my Wii in about two weeks. I've decided to finish off Demise tonight, and complete the game. :yes: Well, after copying my file to make room for Hero Mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom