• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda How Are Gorons Born?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
They fall from Death Mountain.

Fig

The Altruist
No, see, what happens is, they make babies. Like, literally. Like in that movie Robots? If anyone remembers that? Well, for those who don't, it would go something like this. A pair of Gorons fall in love, get married, and decide to have a baby. So they pull a chunk of rock out of the earth, carve it into a baby Goron shape, then either ask a blessing from the Goddesses or do nothing, and the baby comes to life. How does it grow? By eating rocks of course! Instead of how humans grow using food (food = energy = growing), the rocks directly translate into gaining more body mass (food = growing).

OK, so I made all this up, but it's a sound theory.

This is how I always thought the Gorons reproduce or are born. It makes a lot of sense when you think about considering that they don't show any form of reproductive organs to naturally conceive a child compared to say a Hylian or Gerudo. What would make sense is that they do collect a small number of rocks and either pray to their goddess, do tribe ceremonies, or maybe just do nothing and the child is eventually created, allowing the population and race of the Gorons to keep flourishing.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This is by far the best, in depth and logical, theory I've witnessed on this particular topic, which was done in an article by Din Akera not too long back. It goes into details that usual theories wouldn't try to explore and--for something as little as "Goron Reproduction"--it's very impressive. I'll quote the specific parts relating to this thread below, give it a read though as it's very interesting.

---

the largest confusion with Goron biology is gender and reproduction. Certain visible aspects of their anatomy provides insight into the type of reproduction most likely used by Gorons: Apparent nipples suggest mammillary glands and belly buttons suggest live birth through placental nutrition in the womb. Combining mammillary reproduction strategies with the body structure of the Gorons suggests females grow a mass of the organic rock material inside or on the body after exchanging genetic information with a male. Once the offspring are able to survive independently they will be “born” or separated from the body of the parent Goron. It is possible that Goron pregnancy and birth do not happen in a womb, but anywhere on or inside the body structure. Because their bodies are made of entirely one substance, it would be possible for young to grow from any portion of the parent body in a similar process to budding. However, as there have been no sightings of one Goron growing off another, internal pregnancy is not out of the question.

Goron societies have shown a lack of females, at least in terms of recognizable human differences between the two genders. There are two plausible explanations for this observation. Firstly, it is very possible that the females are simply not discernible from the males. Many reptiles appear unisexual because their reproductive anatomy is located inside the body cavity and difference in coloration or appearance for distinction between genders is not a required trait in their environment. If this is the case then Gorons simply distinguish gender biologically, with no affect on appearance. The argument against this theory is the use of the Goron phrase “brother”. However, the word is most likely a social element, not a biological statement. A similar example from human societies is the use of the phrase “hey guys” when referring to a group. Females may be present, but the male word is the common conjugation.

Another theory is that females become fertile at a very young age and die after giving birth, thus explaining their absence. This is comparable to the Cavaticus spider, which die shortly after producing a litter of offspring. Baby Gorons would be born male or female but the females will reproduce rather quickly and pass on before being seen by the Hylians. This theory opens up the possibility for Gorons to have litters rather than single births, accounting for the large population. However, this would mean there would be many young Gorons on a regular basis. This is not the case, as young Gorons have only been seen on few occasions.

Asexual reproduction is unlikely. This is partly due to the environment that Gorons live in; harsh climates are known to wipe out species of animals that cannot diversify. Asexual reproduction prevents diversity in a population. However, it’s not out of the question. If the Gorons can produce a bud, as discussed earlier, then the Gorons may produce a cluster of cells on the exterior of their body that would drop off once old enough to survive without the parent body. However, once again, we do not see Gorons walking around attached to each other. This evidence points to mammillary sexual reproduction as the most likely of all theories

I second justac00lguy. But even though I've seen this topic reincarnate itself at least ten times since I joined this site, I forgot where the confusion comes from——Oh yeah, we still can't tell a Goron's gender, or if female Gorons exist at all.

I was going to say, "where else do you think Goron babies come from? lol They come from mommy and daddy Gorons through reproduction."

An old theory of mine was that they were born via a process called budding, like sea sponges and corals. Some beta elements from Twilight Princess showed a group of Gorons reforming themselves into a giant that may have been a primitive, beta form of Pyrus. Anyway, it kind of served as a basis for my old theory.

They reproduce naturally like the other races, meaning females are needed. You see, the reason we never see female Gorons is because they are inferior and are only good for bearing sons and daughters. They are kept in secluded chambers at all times, unable to see the outside world so that they don't discover human (well, Goron) rights. Once they outlive their usefulness, they are fed to the baby Gorons who are not yet able to chew rocks.

Life is fair and just with Big Brother in charge.

Sorry to post in an old topic but I was thinking about it for my tabletop rpg and I came up with a Theory of my own.
My theory is that goron life is linked to special crystal they sometimes find in the mines, when they find one they make a body out of clay and stone and it'll gain life, the appearance is only based on esthetic choice by the maker and don't have any biological significance. (Like the boobs on the argonians in elder scrolls)
If one of those special crystal (I call them hearthstone) is left in the wild for some time it'll give life to some random stone and make a Talus.

What is this question? Anyway they’re born from Nintendo, just like every other character.
Unless something like a game or Hyrule Historia says otherwise, that’s gonna be how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom