• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How about the Ocarina of Time returns upgraded?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Well BotW Link could always pull the OoT Master Sword, which doesn't have the dumb recharge time. I would imagine that he's "ready", given that ya know he was an appointed Knight and 117 years old XD
But he could prbly also use OoT's unbreakable Hylian shield.
Imagine OoT Link is already on his adventure and BotW just comes up to him, puts him under stasis and beats him up, and when he launches backwards with that yell that really irritated me, he drops it and BotW just picks them up and goes on his way.

"No, that wasn't my first kiss since the imprisoning war, I'm 117, I'm not dead."
giphy.gif

Pretty meta tbh

For an extra challenge what if you bring the one hit weapon with you taking you down to a quarter of a heart for the entirely of OOT?
BotW Link would obliterate EVERYTHING. He has the Master Sword, so no need to endanger the Sacred Realm. In the Ganondorf battle when they do mystical volleyball he could just use his shield parry or Daruk's Protection. Beast Ganon battle I mean sure, he wouldn't have the hammer OoT Link uses. But he has a whole bunch of other weapons in storage that would prbly be as effective if not more so. Also, unlimited bombs. He can have more than four healing items, and despite his not having a hookshot most areas that require them have walls he can climb. Im hey, BotW even has boomerangs he can use! He would prbly need to blue tunic to swim, but he's all set for Death Mountain with his BotW Goron Armor, and he could get throught Gerudo Desert easily with stealth gear and Sand Boots. Poor OoT Link would be stuck standing in Kokiri Forest wonfdering where all the bad guys went.
Don't forget his fly fingers where he can climb stuff that is technically impossible physics wise.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
For an extra challenge what if you bring the one hit weapon with you taking you down to a quarter of a heart for the entirely of OOT?
One of the main differences between BotW and OoT is the fighting style. In BotW you can basically just run up and hit anything you want, but in OoT you usually have to get enemies and bosses in particular into a state where they can be attacked. It's sometimes hard to do that without getting at least a little injured yourself, so it prblyyyyyyyy wouldn't be a very good idea to go in with one hit point.

I hope they don't go the route of time travel. Zelda already has enough issues writing compelling plots.
That would put it into the more 'darker' tone they want if they pull it off right. Another possibility is Link gets possessed by the malic and you have to race to save him thru time or otherwise. This will allow for not only a darker tone but as I posted reusing the same map but changing it a lot. It will keep the BOTW map always fresh.

Hell I wonder if you could time travel to the early war 10,000 years ago and the geology would be different before the erosion.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
That would put it into the more 'darker' tone they want if they pull it off right. Another possibility is Link gets possessed by the malic and you have to race to save him thru time or otherwise. This will allow for not only a darker tone but as I posted reusing the same map but changing it a lot. It will keep the BOTW map always fresh.

Hell I wonder if you could time travel to the early war 10,000 years ago and the geology would be different before the erosion.

I hope the main plot isn't about rescuing Link. If one wants to write a compelling new protagonist, the last thing they should do is make their story about rescuing the previous protagonist so he can save the day.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
when I started playing botw, I was expecting something like this to happen
I think for narrative's sake it would have made way more sense for link to actually time travel back 100 years and fight for each divine beast to try changing the present

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom