• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How about the Dark World?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
What would you guys think if Zelda Wii U had an actual, quality, free roaming, dark world? I think this would be a very easy way to effectively double Zelda Wii U's world, while still providing fresh new experiences. This would be a fantastic thing to help gate difficulty, and it may help provide more content to us as well. The only 3D Zelda game to add another parallel world in this scope was Ocarina of Time. I myself was extremely disappointed in SS when I was not able to explore the past when coming out of the Timeshift stone gate. I think this would be a really cool thing to bring back in Zelda Wii U. The could also drastically change the color pallet to make a world that is truly terrifying, sad, and dreary in juxtaposition to the light world.
So what do you guys think? Should Zelda Wii U have a Dark World or a parallel world, or should it stick with only a single map?

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
The dark world and lorule and any other world in a zelda game is used to make the world seem bigger as with a link to the past it was probably not that much work to take the existing world change a couple of things such as the color palette and a couple of npcs and such and stick it into the game.

D

Deleted member 14134

Quality over quantity. For example Fallout 4's over-world felt much smaller than that of Skyrim's but the locations were much more dense. I don't want to have to travel to a couple minutes every time I want to do something or go somewhere.

I'd rather them make the game half as small by only having a light world rather than twice as big and twice as empty with a light and dark world.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
What would you guys think if Zelda Wii U had an actual, quality, free roaming, dark world? I think this would be a very easy way to effectively double Zelda Wii U's world, while still providing fresh new experiences. This would be a fantastic thing to help gate difficulty, and it may help provide more content to us as well. The only 3D Zelda game to add another parallel world in this scope was Ocarina of Time. I myself was extremely disappointed in SS when I was not able to explore the past when coming out of the Timeshift stone gate. I think this would be a really cool thing to bring back in Zelda Wii U. The could also drastically change the color pallet to make a world that is truly terrifying, sad, and dreary in juxtaposition to the light world.
So what do you guys think? Should Zelda Wii U have a Dark World or a parallel world, or should it stick with only a single map?

I like your idea of another dark world. Its not something we have seen in 3D before. In OOT you see the past and future versions of hyrule but the dark world is even more twisted than that as it is the World as Ganon would want it.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Probably not a good idea. I want a massive overworld with lots of great sites to see, things to find, and enemies to Smash all in one explorable bundle. A Dark World would cut the game in half and force double-exploration of many areas. One world would be ideal. Day-Night transition though, that could work.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Okay, I'm going to say this now. The only way this could work, is if there is going to be an NX version and that this would be one of the dlc expansions. :)

Not really. You're forgetting the Wii U is actually more powerful than last-gen Xbox and Playstation. Zelda U's not gonna restrained by any technological limitations.

Not really. You're forgetting the Wii U is actually more powerful than last-gen Xbox and Playstation. Zelda U's not gonna restrained by any technological limitations.
While the Wii U is definitely more powerful than last-gen consoles, that isn't saying much. The Wii U's power is incredibly limited in comparison to the Xbox One and PS4, and I would wager that the technology will be a limiting factor for Zelda U. The Wii U can't even maintain a consistent 30 FPS on Wind Waker HD.

Anyways, while I like the concept of the Dark World in a 3D game, the aesthetic we've seen for Zelda U doesn't seem like it would match up with that kind of idea. I'd save a concept like that for if Zelda ever drifts back towards a style more reminiscent of Twilight Princess.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!

Zelda Wii U was already said to be taking up all of the Wii U's power as it was when it was as we saw it at E3 2014. Which is why they had water down the Wii U version so that the game, as a whole can fit on the Wii U upon release for when people play it. So the Wii U version won't have as much extra content as the NX version will. The NX version will be the definitive version as it will look as great as we saw the game from it was first shown at E3 2014 but even better as it will be much more finished and more polished. :)

The 360 and PS3 are capable of handling Just Cause 2 and Skyrim. Zelda U's style seems to be an artistic direction. Same reason that Skyward Sword had its artstyle, despite not being any more demanding than Twilight Princess.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The 360 and PS3 are capable of handling Just Cause 2 and Skyrim. Zelda U's style seems to be an artistic direction. Same reason that Skyward Sword had its artstyle, despite not being any more demanding than Twilight Princess.
The Wii U can handle Xenoblade Chronicles X, which is more than 10 times bigger than the world of Skyrim.

So is Just Cause 2. There really isn't much reason for Zelda U to be hindered by the hardware. I can only imagine that the game hasn't been optimized yet.

Either way, I actually prefer this artstyle because it ages better than realistic artstyles and gives the game more personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom