• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hotel Jimbo

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Being a former car washer, I decided to make my own roleplay.

(Rules are under review, OG rules are preserved here)
I came up with these rules while eating Skittles off the floor:

1. I wish this went without saying: NO GODMODDING.
2. From my investigative research, I have concluded that Godmoddin' Georgie is banned from this entire forum, but to ensure all our base are belong to us, George Jones / White Lightning is eternally banned from this thread.
3. You can have any character you want, but I'd recommend not using real-life people, simply so we don't have another Georgie situation. Besides, it's a lot more fun with the Mario Bros. or Link instead of Vladimir Putin.
4. Likewise, I'm cool with self-insertion in the form of a Narrator, but I'm not exactly big on something like a "fictionalised version of himself from the future" who he ships with an anime character.
5. On the topic of "claiming" characters, I think there are some fundamental flaws with the concept, which I'll try to iron out. In this roleplay, while there is no exact limit on the quantity of characters claimed, there must be some "public domain" characters. To help illustrate this concept, I'll use Car Wash as an example: My buddy HEROMARIO had claimed several characters, such as Bowser, Wario, Donkey Kong, Princess Peach, etc., but this resulted in something of a "character monopoly". He disappeared briefly, creating quite a problem, as you can imagine. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that if there's a "character monopoly" we'll have to do a breakup, Standard Oil-style.
6. With that being said, on the subject of "public domain" characters (or perhaps a better term is Socially-Owned), do not powerplay. Powerplay is when someone seizes control of someone else's character without permission and decides things for them. Powerplay is one of the worst forms of godmodding.
7. By extension, do not try to kill off someone's characters without permission. Do not revive someone else's dead characters either. At the end of the day, the person who decides whether a character is living or dead is the person playing that character.
8. Do not use other people's OCs without permission. That kind of behaviour is unacceptable and is not tolerated. I don't care how much you want BabyLuigiOnFire's characters in this RP, you can't have them unless she says so.
9. Romance is a good thing. Erotic roleplay is a bad thing. Keep that **** off the internet, please.
10. Speaking of ****, swearing is a thing that I do. If someone asks you not to swear, or to censor your swears, please abide by that. But unless that happens, swear when you feel it's necessary, but don't go overboard. Nevermind, seems ZeldaDungeon has some instant censorship system, unless there's a setting that I'm not aware of.
11. Don't make up backstories for other people's characters without permission. If you want to insert your own material into someone's backstory, make it a question, like, "Say, are you the same John Doe who fought in the 3rd Unit in the Exposition War, or was that someone else?" so at least they can say yes or no.
12. Back on the subject of not being like Georgie, arguing about plot arcs or whatever is stupid. This is supposed to be fun, not predetermined. Though, randomly inserting your characters into someone else's plot isn't good either. I'd use myself as an example, but that'd lead into yet another self-deprecating tangent, so I'll just use Georgie and how he stalked and wiretapped everyone. Basically, don't derail plots, but also don't argue about them.
13. Have fun, guys. This isn't supposed to be serious.

===============================================================================================

"Claimed" Characters:
@AwdryFan1997 :
Original: Jimbo, Jazz Journey
Unoriginal: Mario, Wario

@silent lion :
Original: Krabs

@Waffle Dee :
Original: Inspector Waddle Doo

Socially-Owned Characters (see above rules):
None yet.

Characters that are Presumed Dead:
None yet.

Characters that have been Confirmed Dead:
None yet.

===============================================================================================

Banned Users:
None yet (and hopefully never!)
The basic premise is that my original character Jimbo is now the sole employee of a low-budget hotel. Naturally, I will begin:

Jimbo drums his fingers against the counter. He is enthusiastic in spite of this inn's low quality. Jazz Journey, his employer, whose name sounds like a JoJo character and is the actual name of a real person who existed at some point, appears to berate Jimbo for doing absolutely nothing even though there is absolutely nothing to do.

Jimbo: Boss! How may I help you?

Jazz Journey: Now, Jimbo, you know what this is about...

Jimbo: No, actually, I don't.

Jazz Journey: UGH! It's the fact that you're doing NOTHING!

Jimbo: Sorry, Boss. I'll clean the countertops again if you'd like?

Jazz Journey: No, Jimbo. Number one: We're out of cleaner. Number two: We can't afford to buy more.

Jimbo: Oh, well, that's unfortunate...

Jazz mutters to himself as he struts out of the room. He tacks a "HELP WANTED" sign to the window. Jimbo waits for customers.

(Jamius "Jimbo" Bodevkha, lightning wizard, made out of goo, Journey Inn employee.)
(Jazz Journey, effeminate, flamboyant, founder of Journey Inn.)

If there is an actual character named Jazz Journey, I will be so ****ing embarrassed. That being said, I am too lazy to Google it.

Last edited:

silent lion

ReDead
OoC: Any particular rules about signups or can I dive straight in? Will totally delete this post if necc....
BiC:

Krabs fingers the hole in her pocket. Nobody wants her and her bank balance is as empty as her résumé. She looks down at the filthy street and glances at that new 'Journey Inn' as she passes. She stops and looks again, seeing the HELP WANTED sign. She opens the door and forces out a smile like a shotgun.

Krabs: Hi! I just saw the sign in the window, is there a form or something?

(Krabs "Krabs" Crawler, had a mother with a vindictive sense of name-giving, can set own hair on fire but keeps it a secret.)

AwdryFan1997

OoC: Any particular rules about signups or can I dive straight in? Will totally delete this post if necc....
BiC:

Krabs fingers the hole in her pocket. Nobody wants her and her bank balance is as empty as her résumé. She looks down at the filthy street and glances at that new 'Journey Inn' as she passes. She stops and looks again, seeing the HELP WANTED sign. She opens the door and forces out a smile like a shotgun.

Krabs: Hi! I just saw the sign in the window, is there a form or something?

(Krabs "Krabs" Crawler, had a mother with a vindictive sense of name-giving, can set own hair on fire but keeps it a secret.)
Jimbo: Oh, so THAT's what these papers were! Here...

Jimbo hands over the paper. It says: If you can read this, you're hired.

silent lion

ReDead
Krabs stares at the paper. For a moment it looks as if she's about to drool. She turns it upside down.

Krabs: WOOOO!!!! When's payday? Oh, what do I have to do? When do I start? Are the toilets clean? I can clean toilets. How many people are coming?

AwdryFan1997

Krabs stares at the paper. For a moment it looks as if she's about to drool. She turns it upside down.

Krabs: WOOOO!!!! When's payday? Oh, what do I have to do? When do I start? Are the toilets clean? I can clean toilets. How many people are coming?
Jimbo: Payday? Uh...

Jimbo looks at the safe in the corner, where all of the company's money is kept. There is none.

Jimbo: Er, yeah, you can start by changing the lightbulbs. They haven't been changed in a while, since we haven't had visitors in-

The lightbulbs burn out all at once.

Jimbo: -two months.

AwdryFan1997

Sorry to double post, just gotta make my boy Jimbo succeed.

Across the street, Mario of all people drives by in his kart, stops, gets out, pulls out his hammer, and builds a new five-star hotel, aptly named Hotel Mario (I'm sorry, I had to). Within seconds, the Hotel Mario parking lot is filled with visitors.

Jazz: Alright, screw it, then, I quit! Now that we've got competition from gaming's biggest icon, I'm outta here! Jimbo, you're in charge!

Jazz leaves, with his suitcases packed. Mario then walks into Journey Inn with a fake mustache over his real mustache.

Mario: Hello! It's-a-me, uh, not Mario! I'd like to stay the night here!

Jimbo does not recognize the famous video game hero.

Jimbo: Oh, finally, a customer! Hey, Krabs, or anyone else working here, can you get this guy some help?

(Mario, Nintendo's mascot, face of video games, hero of the Mushroom Kingdom, now a successful hotel owner)
(Jazz Journey, flamboyant former manager of Journey Inn)
(Jamius "Jimbo" Bodevkha, new manager of Journey Inn, no longer the sole employee, oblivious by choice)

AwdryFan1997

Um... White Lightning is banned from the website as a whole. Not really a need to ban him from this too.
I thought so. I just wanted to make my stance on the matter clear. Also, holy ****, there was a real person named George Jones who made a song called White Lightning. This is exactly the type of music Georgie would listen to, as well. I think everything we know about Georgie is a lie.

Jimbo waits patiently for one of his employees to help the individual who is clearly not Mario, don't be absurd.

Jimbo: So, what brings you to Journey Inn, loyal customer?

"Not Mario": Espionage- I mean, uh...

Jimbo: Oh, that's cool. I love spying on people!

"Not Mario": Uh... yeah, great... heh heh...

(Jamius "Jimbo" Bodevkha, stupid on purpose, concerned manager)
(Mario Mario, plumber, superhero, boxing referee, toy manufacturer, former carpenter and circus manager, and currently, a spy)

Last edited:

silent lion

ReDead
I was hoping to wait for a third member to jump in before I came back, but eh.

Krabs emerges from the toilets.

Krabs: I changed the lightbulb in the toilets! And I cleaned them! Now you can see that I've cleaned them, because I changed the bulb, and you can see what colour your wee is, because the lights are working, because if your wee was red you would need to see a doctor that's really dangerous also there's a hole - oh! A customer! Hello sir! I'm sure... wait a minute. Do I know you? I do know you, don't I? Have we shared an apartment block? Oh Jimbo, there's a hole in the toilet room I think it goes to another dimension or something I dunno, hold your nose though if you go too close.

(Krabs "Krabs" Crawler, only Journey Inn employee apart from manager, has secret magical hair-flaming abilities, is broke and likes toilets)

AwdryFan1997

I was hoping to wait for a third member to jump in before I came back, but eh.

Krabs emerges from the toilets.

Krabs: I changed the lightbulb in the toilets! And I cleaned them! Now you can see that I've cleaned them, because I changed the bulb, and you can see what colour your wee is, because the lights are working, because if your wee was red you would need to see a doctor that's really dangerous also there's a hole - oh! A customer! Hello sir! I'm sure... wait a minute. Do I know you? I do know you, don't I? Have we shared an apartment block? Oh Jimbo, there's a hole in the toilet room I think it goes to another dimension or something I dunno, hold your nose though if you go too close.

(Krabs "Krabs" Crawler, only Journey Inn employee apart from manager, has secret magical hair-flaming abilities, is broke and likes toilets)
Jimbo: Another dimension? Hmm...

Jimbo heads to the lou to investigate. He gets a strange feeling this will advance the plot, and is therefore important.

"Not Mario": Uh... no, you don't recognize me! How could anyone-a recognize me? I'm, uh, just an average guy from... uh, Brazil?

(Jamius "Jimbo" Bodevkha, manager of Journey Inn since a few minutes ago, has a sixth sense or something, will appear in every roleplay I ever post in)
(Totally not Mario, average guy, no one's ever seen him before, knows nothing about plumbing or how to stomp on turtles, apparently from Brazil despite having an Italian accent)

AwdryFan1997

Dead chat, lol. But in all seriousness, here is Jimbo, because I feel like I never fully described his appearance.

Jimbo 1.png

No mouth, no ears. The robes are legit fabric, but the actual body is just goo. The only exceptions are his eyes (which appear to be spectacles at first glance) which are a crystal of some sort, but that's not important right now. The turban isn't part of any religious obligation, it was just an aesthetically pleasing detail.

Last edited:

AwdryFan1997

*A figure enters the hotel*
Inspector Waddle Doo: Hmm...
*Jimbo hears the Inspector. He exits the restroom, see Inspector Waddle Doo, and panics.*

Jimbo: Oh, no... not a health inspector...

*Jimbo regains his composure and struts over to the Waddle Doo.*

Jimbo: Hello, kind gentleman, sir! How may I help you?

"Not Mario": Hey! I was-a first in line!

Jimbo: SHUTUPYOUFOOL

*Jimbo slaps Mario. His fake mustache falls off, exposing his real mustache and, by extension, his identity.

Mario: Mamma mia!

(Jimbo, manager of Journey Inn, afraid of health inspectors)
(Mario, mascot of Nintendo, mascot of video games in general, exposed)

Waffle Dee

A Waddle Dee who works at Kirby’s Café
Inspector: I’m a general inspector. I’m here to rate the hotel.

AwdryFan1997

Inspector: I’m a general inspector. I’m here to rate the hotel.
*Jimbo sighs in relief, then inhales as he realises that a bad review is almost as bad as being condemned.*

Jimbo: Okay, uh, well, we're uh...

*Jimbo lies.*

Jimbo: Well, we don't look very busy, but we are, so, uh, you and...

*Jimbo turns to Mario. He turns back to Inspector Waddle Doo. He then whips back to Mario.*

Jimbo: Ohhh....

*Jimbo faints.*

Mario: Well, I guess this won't look good for your-a review, eh Inspector? Heh, yeah, I'm also in the hotel business now. Why don't you-a stop by mine? It's right across the street. I bet you'll find it quite-a nice!

(Jimbo, manager of Journey Inn, liar, currently asleep)
(Mario, famous hero, expanding his brand, co-owner and co-manager of Hotel Mario)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom