• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hot or Cold?

Hot or cold? Summer or Winter?

• Summer, hot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summer, cold

• Winter, hot

• Winter, cold

• Total voters

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I can stand very well up to cold, I actually like the cold, but heat I cannot stand (irocally, my room has the worst AC in my house XD). As for the seasons, it was very close. I like winter because it is nostalgic for me, and because so much is going on. One of those things is school (which gives me less time to enjoy everything else), which lost it for me. Summer doesn't have a ton going for it, other than the fact that that I can pretty much sit around all and not stress about due dates and whatnot.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
It's been insane here over the past month .. a couple nights in May it got down to the 40's which NEVER happens that far into the year .. our last sub 50 readings are usually in March/ early April at the latest.

Then since June's started it's been constant highs in the mid-upper 90's and a few triple digit days. In fact we've had more than 1 record setting day, one of those days getting up to 105 (the silver lining has been lower than usual humidity). These temperatures are usually the trend for July & August, but never this early in June. So I have a feeling we might be in for a brutal summer.

Being cold in summer is a dream come true. I hate temperature above 90 degrees. I'm more of a 60/70 degree guy myself, and summer is such an awesome time of year, what with school being out and all.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Since I´m from Scandinavia I´ve had my share of cold moments! Far too much of them!! That´s why I choose summer hot, I can´t get enough of the sun and it makes me feel like I was in ancient Greece, life must have have been extrordinary, at those times and places, I´m dreaming of it :)

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
I love the Wintertime infinitely more than the Summertime... but I hate the bitter cold. So I picked Winter, Hot. o_O I... don't know why.

T

TalesOfFan

Winter, I really do not mind the cold, but I pick it for a different reason. In winter you get to wear jackets and hoodies without burning up, which is my main reason for loving the winter.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I just hate warm weather. For some reason, I cannot stand heat and sweating. This is mainly because I have a below normal body temperature. Most Europeans have an aveage of 36°C, but I have a 35°C average. I can stand the cold better this way, and it is why I prefer cold places and winter.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I prefer winter over summer. I have allergies when all the plants are alive, and I also just enjoy the cold more. I don't hate the warm weather, but I like the crisp air when it's cold. Though, summer gets points for more rain, since I love rain more than snow. Neither are my favorite season though, I love fall the most.

Last edited:

gannondorf

Dark Lord Gannondorf
I hate both but for me I think I would take the lesser of the two evils and pick hot. I can stand out in the heat and ignore it. Bitter cold is more of a pain in the *** though I can try to ignore that two.

"Hey you! Ya you! Stop Shining that bright light at us, Were Trying to Spread Total Darkness over the Entire world!"

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Despite me liking fire and stuff, Cold winter ftw. That is because we live near a canal and we go there when it snows. Seriously, it is THAT cold it is frozen over, and there was still ice in march :P.
And the view you get from my window at a snowy night. white roads, sugarcoated trees and snowy grass :D And then the frozen urban estate that you can get to via walking across the grass.... XD

Keyari

翼のエルフ
COLD!! Mainly because its always hot where I live. Not really hot during the winter, so I love the Winter. Winter and Spring- they are both cold or coldish. I hate it when you have like REALLY cold air-conditioned rooms, I like natural cold, not the "artificial" cold. I'm just weird like that. :P So I'm all for the cold and against the heat. It's summer, what do you expect, we're all waiting for the HEAT to finally end!

I prefer a middle ground on the warm side, somewhere around the mid 70s to low 80s.

If you're talking about extremes, I'd rather have it be cold. When it's cold, you can add more layers to keep yourself warm. When it's hot, there's only so much you can take off before getting arrested, and even then you'll probably still be hot.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I really go for Winter cold. I like the Summer but I'm more a Fall/Winter person. And the Winter is always cool when there is snow and ice and you can skate etc. And my fav time of the year is always happening in December so definitely Winter :)

Summer. Always.

I HATE Winter. I absolutely hate it. I can't stand it. Everything outside is basically dead or in hibernation, there's snow everywhere, there's ice everywhere, even where you can't see it, and one of these days I'm going to slip on it and crack my head open. Not to mention the cold, where it's constantly at least 10-20 below 0 Fahrenheit, where I constantly have to the turn the heat on extra fracking high just to get away from it. And not to mention either, that the day is about 9 hours long, so being in at school and/or work all day, I rarely get to actually see the sun. Oh but wait, we can't forget driving either! The constant skidding and swerving on the ice, scraping pointless ice and snow off your car, not being able to go anywhere because there's 3 fracking feet of snow EVERYWHERE.

Winter just totally makes me super depressed, and I can see why northern countries often times have the highest suicide rate, because I'm almost to that point by the time spring comes around. I couldn't imagine suffering through it any further. But then, I'm magically saved when Spring comes around, and finally Summer.

I love Summer. I love being hot, I love the long days, I love how everything is NOT dead, I love the no-school aspect I can still find in it, I love the beautiful sunny weather, I even love the stormy days. Summer has the best storms that you can find anywhere, I love whenever it starts pouring and thundering and lightning out. It's just one of the coolest things that nature has to offer.

The driving conditions are perfect, I'm probably one of the few people who on any sunny day will have all their car windows open and my hand out the window, since I hate using air conditioning so much. I love feeling the air running through the car; it's much better than any man made system could provide.

But sadly, there is one thing I do hate about Summer, the humidity. Humidity is rather annoying, and in most cases, at least here in Wisconsin, it's what most people are actually complaining about when they say it gets hot. Here, it's almost always humid, and we really pay the consequences for it. Humidity is what makes the heat unbearable, you can't breath, you're constantly dripping gallons of sweat off your body, it's really pain. Which is why, someday in the future, I'm moving to Arizona, where there is humidity.

I got dis covered yo.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom