• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Horrible Glitch!

D

DaViD_Boulet

Help!

I think I may have discovered a new save-glitch, but I've searched the web and so far I'm the only person who's mentioned this problem.

I just got into the Sacred Grove for the 2nd time... having just gotten through the Snow Peak dungeon (or mansion) and after defeating that annoying guy with the horn I've been let into the upper level of the sacred-grove temple area where you have to push the box to get down so you can run accross the courtyard and into the other room where you originally got your sword. I saved when I got into this new upper area because I didn't want to risk having to fight those puppet creatures again. Now when I run to the stone where the sword was first taken, I don't get the "STRIKE!" A-button trigger suggestion! I just get my usual "roll" for the A-button as I walk around. I've even warped out of the sacred grove and ridden the chicken and navigated back to the upper room all over again... but to no avail... when I get to the stone I can't "strike" it, and manually striking with the sword swpies doesn't do anything... even using the new secret strike-skill... clearly the game is intended to prompt you and then go into the video where it opens the door where the statue used to be on that upper level.

HELP!!!!

-dave

D

DaViD_Boulet

Hey,

wanted to let everyone know that Judai figured out my problem. turns out that I didn't have the master-sword "equipped" when I walked up to the pedestal. I must have inadvertently toggled to the old sword unknowingly when moving the cursor down towards the save button at some point. Huh. In any case, had I not had that thought-provoking question by Judai, I might have floundered for days/weeks never even considering the question of had I unknowingly switched swords. Thanks be to this forum!

dave :)

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?p=80232#post80232

Linkette

Heroine of Time
I think I maight have one of the later copies of the game but I'm still scared with that glitch. Today I was going through Abiter's Grounds and I was in that big circular room where you have to insert the spinner in the middle and I opened the door to the room before the boss chamber before I got the Boss Key because I thought it was there. I tried closing the door but the spinner just wouldn't go into the hole again. I tried exiting the entire dungeon and coming back but that door was still open. I was angry when I realised what I've done but I'm glad I didn't save it. But I had to complete Abiter's Grounds again. Thanks for warning me about it that other glitch though.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I know about glitches like this, they're all too common. And I take a very specific precaution against them...

I avoid saving my game unless I'm either in the middle of the open part of Hyrule Field, inside a dungeon (because it always starts you off at the entrance if you do that), or in any place I've just used Midna to warp. The reason is because I know that these are the places they're likely to have tested the most while developing/testing the game. I also make sure to be done with any trading sequences or unlocking procedures I've already initiated. I've probably developed these habits due to having played a lot of games buggier than this one, including a few betas.

In other words, if you're not doing a dungeon, it's good practice to Midna warp to a safe location (like outside Castle Town) before saving. Aside from protecting you from glitches, it also prevents you from having to deal with finding your way out of a troublesome area (or remote area you have a sketchy memory of) while low on health when you restart the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom