• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hookshot in ZW?

Junehs

[the.Jumping.Bean] ~
Yes. It's so fun hooking onto things and going WHEE! No, my real reason depends. Do we need to get across things that NEED hookshot/clawshot? I think they are going to add it.

Austin

Austin
I'd like it if it were included. I've heard people say that they want it to miss a game in order to make way for new items, but I don't really agree. Part of the reason is that it's one of my favorite items in the entire Zelda series, as well as the fact its inclusion doesn't cancel out the possibility of more new items. There isn't a limited amount of items that they can introduce. If people are really that bothered I can always settle for a hookshot remake, like the clawshot.

They're not going to get of what's become a staple of 3D Zelda since it began. The hookshot has been featured in every 3D installment, and it's been around in the series for even longer than that; why would they get rid of it? It'd be like getting rid of the bow and arrow, which is definitely not going to happen. Plus, so many cool game play elements revolve around a hookshot item. I still remember that room in the water temple in OoT where you had to hookshot your way up a huge pillar of falling platforms riding a water fall. The Double Clawshot in TP was the same way. I just can't imagine they could create a good enough reason to leave it out.

Then again, they did get rid of the magic meter, which makes me doubt them somewhat.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Very likely, and if it's not in the game I'll be unpleasantly suprised. There is still so much that they could do with that item, it solves new puzzles as well as damages/stuns some enemies. haha I can see batman playing Zelda and being like "hmm batarang, check. hook shot, check, deku nuts, check." but seriously at one point or another they are all very important items and over the years their importance has grown. Plus like Ver-go said all 3D games so far have featured the item, I believe that is a trend that will continue.

Din Akera

Sniper
I will be very upset if there is not Hook/clawshot. The double clawshots in TP were my favorite item from the entire series. I had so much fun scaling walls and feeling like a super secret spy jumping from grate to grate in the twilight realm. The hookshots/clawshots were also good for battle. Stunning enemies or killing (depending) worked really well in combat and saved you some arrows! My best example is Wart from MM. Instead of using all your arrows up, use the hookshot and your sword!
The hookshot in MM and OoT also provided a lot of these features as well.

I hope they bring it back! :)

It will be in ZWii, no doubt about it. The only question is how different it will be. Will it be like the difference in length in OoT and MM, will it be the difference in functions between WW and OoT, or will it just be different, like the Clawshot? I'd personally like to see a reinvention of the Hookshot done like Nero's Devil Arm in Devil May cry 4. If the game is a lot like OpT to make the "Zelda fans" happy, don't expect much of a difference between it and the Hookshot or Clawshot. If it's like MM or WW, and Nintendo just does what they want, you can expect a new version of the Hookshot, like the Grappling Hook(s) or Snake Whip.

For those of you who just read the ends of long posts, I was praising Devil May Cry 4 and thanking aganondorf for trying to cleansing Hyrule of the Goron race.

It will be in ZWii, no doubt about it. The only question is how different it will be. Will it be like the difference in length in OoT and MM, will it be the difference in functions between WW and OoT, or will it just be different, like the Clawshot? I'd personally like to see a reinvention of the Hookshot done like Nero's Devil Arm in Devil May cry 4. If the game is a lot like OpT to make the "Zelda fans" happy, don't expect much of a difference between it and the Hookshot or Clawshot. If it's like MM or WW, and Nintendo just does what they want, you can expect a new version of the Hookshot, like the Grappling Hook(s) or Snake Whip.

For those of you who just read the ends of long posts, I was praising Devil May Cry 4 and thanking aganondorf for trying to cleansing Hyrule of the Goron race.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
The hookshot and its derivatives are pretty important parts of Link's arsenal, as his very limited jumping ability requires a way to traverse vertical distance with an item. It's why we had the hookshot, switch hook, longshot, clawshot, long hook, grappling hook, and snake whip- Link's not agile enough without some sort of extending thingamajob. The question isn't whether we'll have it, but rather how will its functionality be altered?

They're not going to get of what's become a staple of 3D Zelda since it began. The hookshot has been featured in every 3D installment, and it's been around in the series for even longer than that; why would they get rid of it? It'd be like getting rid of the bow and arrow, which is definitely not going to happen. Plus, so many cool game play elements revolve around a hookshot item. I still remember that room in the water temple in OoT where you had to hookshot your way up a huge pillar of falling platforms riding a water fall. The Double Clawshot in TP was the same way. I just can't imagine they could create a good enough reason to leave it out.

Then again, they did get rid of the magic meter, which makes me doubt them somewhat.
Agreed. As for the Magic Meter... I kind of agree. Yeah, it was a mistake overall to exclude it, but one thing that is true, at least for Twilight Princess is that it probably didn't add anything to the game as it was. Yeah, it would have added another layer of depth and difficulty to the gameplay, but TP wasn't all that deep in that area, and certainly wasn't challenging, so it's not too surprising. Just kinda in the nature of the game. Doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake however, so you're probably still right. As I've said in the past, I (somehow) have a fair amount of faith in Nintendo this time around and expect some improvements, including the return of the Magic Meter.

The Hookshot will return in some shape or form, definitely. I suspect we might see another interesting spin on it like the Clawshot, or perhaps we'll just see the Clawshot again. I kind of hope it's the former, because TP's little innovations were some of it's strongest points. If they keep up with that, even if they screw up other elements of the game (which, again, I doubt), it'll have that redeeming quality.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
PZ! Maybe even a hookshot, and then an upgrade that does awesome things and uses magic!

I do think that there should be a hookshot. It's my 2nd favorite Zelda item, behind the LA magic rod, and it's always fun to use. Especially when they make it new and innovative. EX: Switch Hook, Double Clawshot.

A

Almo SSBB

ya they will probably keep that, along with other traditional weapons/items. it wouldnt make sence to remove the hookshot/clawshot (although i prefer the hookshot as it is more of a weapon too).

I don't think there would be a hook/claw shot. Didn't they say theyre adding flying as a new way of traveling in the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom