• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Homosexuality

I love being gay as i love being a Zelda fan,
It is not a choice in my opinion, it is something you discover while growing up,
and obiously not everybody is going to agree with homosexuality, but if you feel good with yourself, there is nothing wrong.

Kogasa

desu desu desu desu
any competent scientist will still tell you that homosexuality is not a conscious decision.
It depends on the situation. Say I had no real problem with either gender, and I was fine being attracted to both. After a while, I decide to choose men over women, am I lying to myself? Am I still bisexual even though I have been with a man for years upon years? Well, there is the fact that after being with a man for a while, my attraction to women would dwindle...

This is all hypothetical, by the way, I am heterosexual.

Sir Analog

Hope Rides Alone
It depends on the situation. Say I had no real problem with either gender, and I was fine being attracted to both. After a while, I decide to choose men over women, am I lying to myself? Am I still bisexual even though I have been with a man for years upon years? Well, there is the fact that after being with a man for a while, my attraction to women would dwindle...

This is all hypothetical, by the way, I am heterosexual.
It's different for everyone. Some people may be born that way and some may decide it growing up. It's wrong to throw everyone into the same pool and say one general statement that describes them all.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I love being gay as i love being a Zelda fan,
It is not a choice in my opinion, it is something you discover while growing up,
and obiously not everybody is going to agree with homosexuality, but if you feel good with yourself, there is nothing wrong.
I have mixed feelings about this. I do think that your hormones control some of what determines whether you're gay or not. However. I do think it is a choice on whether you decide to accept it or not. I hid the fact that I was gay for two years and tried to convince myself I was straight. It was my choice, so yes, I do have a choice in my sexuality.

On the topic of agreeing with homosexuality, like it has been said a million times, not everyone is going to agree. A girl I used to be close to unfriended me on Facebook when I told her, "Hey! I like women!" I was hurt, to be honest. But I'm not throwing a huge fit about it. Everyone is opinionated.

And easy way to avoid discrimination is not to flaunt the fact that you're gay. When people ask me if I like any of the guys, I simply say no. I don't go around announcing my sexual orientation. Neither do my heterosexual friends. Be proud of who you are. Just don't shove it into the faces of those around you.

That video was truly inspirational. It made me think of homosexuality in a completely new light.

The poetic lines in this video were truly moving. I never knew homosexuals were harassed so: expelled from school, not allowed to donate blood. This video is perfect in its call for a new world order. Every intentional choice is poignant.

No one should be barred from opportunity due to their sexual orientation. It truly is time to put aside human differences.

Very interesting appeal to government, religion, and science. By uniting these three pieces of society, the world can become a better place. It's time to pray for a new world where these walls are torn down by us today.

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
One thing everyone has to know about Christians and Catholics is that we consider almost EVERYTHING a sin. But, even though it's not official, it seems some things have changed over time. Homosexuality is one of those things.
Back in the days of the Bible, Homosexuality would be something beyond a taboo. Nowadays, it is less of a taboo and is becoming a common thing. Also, most of the people who say that are old style Catholics who are also more strict than regular Catholics.
I'm fine with homosexuals. If they love the people who are the same gender, that's fine with me. I didn't even know there WAS a person on Zelda Dungeon who was openly homosexual.

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
That video was truly inspirational. It made me think of homosexuality in a completely new light.

The poetic lines in this video were truly moving. I never knew homosexuals were harassed so: expelled from school, not allowed to donate blood. This video is perfect in its call for a new world order. Every intentional choice is poignant.

No one should be barred from opportunity due to their sexual orientation. It truly is time to put aside human differences.

Very interesting appeal to government, religion, and science. By uniting these three pieces of society, the world can become a better place. It's time to pray for a new world where these walls are torn down by us today.
MSM blood donor controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In many countries, "men who have sex with men" (regardless of self-identification) are not allowed to donate blood.

Ganondork

you touch her butt and she moves away
Well, this thread has had my attention for awhile now, but I haven't had much motivation to ever post in here.

There's nothing wrong with homosexuality. I'm friends with multiple people that are homosexual, and they're no different from any heterosexual person. Sexual orientation really shouldn't be blown out of proportion quite like it has been over the course of hundreds - even thousands - of years.

From my experience, it appears the leading reason for homosexuality being shunned has been religion. Christians and Muslims are the two big religions that shun homosexuality. If I recall correctly, Muslims would stone homosexuals; I'd imagine this gave people the message. Christianity hasn't been as severe, but it was still a punishable offense. According to the Koran and the Bible, God told man that it was a sin to be homosexual. Why exactly is this? If said God exists (not planning on delving into such subject), then it would want its creations to procreate, but if two humans of the same gender have a monogamous relationship, procreation won't happen. Back then - before surrogates - this could be threatening to the continuation of the human race in the event of more than half of the population being homosexual.

But I've always wondered, did God truly say this? It seems fairly clear to me that the practices of the time help affect how the religion's central book is written. Such an example is how the Muslims find women to be below that of men. I firmly believe that at the time, homosexuality was frowned upon, and it was put in the Bible, condemning the practice. The whole problem is, God didn't write these books; man did. They can interpret God's word however they want, or make little fibs here and there.

I honestly don't see what's wrong with homosexuality. Is there something about it that makes it wrong? I can understand how people are attracted to the same gender for whatever reason - whether it be a choice, or you're born that way. I personally believe that you're born either heterosexual or homosexual. So how can you be condemned for being born a certain way? That's like executing a man for being blind, deaf or lame. It's just not right, and generally cruel and unjust.

Someone please correct me if I'm incorrect, but don't other animals partake in homosexual acts? If homosexuality is such an awful offense, then why aren't other animals being punished? Is it because we're more intelligent than them and held to a higher position than them? No, it's because they aren't doing anything wrong. Perhaps for those animals, being homosexual is as innate as their desire to find food and shelter. Looking at this, you have to think, why isn't a God punishing them? Because - assuming there is a God - our God actually isn't against homosexuality.

God is said to love you unconditionally, so why do they say later on in the bible that homosexuality is a sin? I can understand the concept of tough love, but the point that Christians have taken it - although I admit, they have eased up in recent years - is far more than just tough love. God doesn't seem to be striking down the homosexuals; it seems like the homophobic population are taking the role of executioner, when it's not their place to.

I believe that homophobia is really the sickening thing, not being homosexual. Religion is centered around tolerance; this is simply hypocritical. How can you tolerate other people's religious views, but not their sexual orientation? If you plan to be a tolerant person - which I naturally condone - then be tolerant of everything, not just a select few. It's ridiculous when I hear about people trying to "cure" people of their homosexuality. How can you "cure" someone of something that isn't truly an illness or plague?

Homosexuality isn't anything bad, and it shouldn't be treated as such. It's as natural as having brown, blue or green eyes.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I honestly don't see what's wrong with homosexuality. Is there something about it that makes it wrong? I can understand how people are attracted to the same gender for whatever reason - whether it be a choice, or you're born that way. I personally believe that you're born either heterosexual or homosexual. So how can you be condemned for being born a certain way? That's like executing a man for being blind, deaf or lame. It's just not right, and generally cruel and unjust.
You'll be hard-pressed to come across anyone who would condemn anyone else for how they were born. That's a straw man. When Christians speak of homosexuality as sin, they generally mean the acts. Indeed, there is no shortage of sermons and lessons on sinful instincts in which we must not indulge. Homosexuality is one of many.

Someone please correct me if I'm incorrect, but don't other animals partake in homosexual acts? If homosexuality is such an awful offense, then why aren't other animals being punished? Is it because we're more intelligent than them and held to a higher position than them? No, it's because they aren't doing anything wrong. Perhaps for those animals, being homosexual is as innate as their desire to find food and shelter. Looking at this, you have to think, why isn't a God punishing them? Because - assuming there is a God - our God actually isn't against homosexuality.
Animals regularly rape and murder each other. Animal behavior has absolutely no bearing on human morality. Yes, humans are animals, but we are intelligent animals with extensive self-awareness. This argument doesn't fly.

God is said to love you unconditionally, so why do they say later on in the bible that homosexuality is a sin? I can understand the concept of tough love, but the point that Christians have taken it - although I admit, they have eased up in recent years - is far more than just tough love. God doesn't seem to be striking down the homosexuals; it seems like the homophobic population are taking the role of executioner, when it's not their place to.
First of all, many Christians aren't against homosexuality.

Secondly, this argument doesn't even work against those of us who are. Executioner? What? You're talking about countries which no one in this thread is likely to come from. No one is executing homosexuals. Few, if any, are even arguing for making homosexual acts illegal.

Third, just because God isn't striking people down doesn't mean He approves of their behavior. That's basic theology, or at least Christian theology. We have instincts, for one thing, sinful instincts with which we are born and which we are not supposed to follow. For another, God allows us to do as we will most of the time without interfering.

I'm not expecting you to agree with me, but these are very basic Christian teachings.

I believe that homophobia is really the sickening thing, not being homosexual. Religion is centered around tolerance; this is simply hypocritical. How can you tolerate other people's religious views, but not their sexual orientation? If you plan to be a tolerant person - which I naturally condone - then be tolerant of everything, not just a select few. It's ridiculous when I hear about people trying to "cure" people of their homosexuality. How can you "cure" someone of something that isn't truly an illness or plague?
Religion has very little to do with tolerance. And why should people be tolerant? People shouldn't do violence to each other, except in self-defense or reciprocation, but when the subject is policy regarding homosexuality, violence isn't even an issue.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Animals regularly rape and murder each other. Animal behavior has absolutely no bearing on human morality. Yes, humans are animals, but we are intelligent animals with extensive self-awareness. This argument doesn't fly.
Animals kill for food, defence and in direct battle. Humans kill for all sorts of meaningless reasons... So in terms of morality, I would say there is much more in the animal kingdom than with the human race..

Hanyou

didn't build that
Animals kill for food, defence and in direct battle. Humans kill for all sorts of meaningless reasons... So in terms of morality, I would say there is much more in the animal kingdom than with the human race..
Plenty of animals kill for sport, and there is nothing wrong with humans killing animals for sport or various other "meaningless reasons." Furthermore, morality is not derived from what humans do, but what they ought to do. Finally, only humans, as far as we know, possess the faculties to discern and practice morality. Animals lack accountability.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
Plenty of animals kill for sport, and there is nothing wrong with humans killing animals for sport or various other "meaningless reasons." Furthermore, morality is not derived from what humans do, but what they ought to do. Finally, only humans, as far as we know, possess the faculties to discern and practice morality. Animals lack accountability.
Because I am too lazy to go on google, what animals kill for sport? Just a question. off topic yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom