• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

HOLY CRAP! Pokemon Live Action!?!?!

Better question: Would Nintendo let a Pokemon movie be made in the first place? Of course not. Not after the Mario movie. And ESPECIALLY when their target audience, little kids, aren't the target audience of said "movie". Let's use our head guys.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Better question: Would Nintendo let a Pokemon movie be made in the first place? Of course not.

I think you're right, but when we think of Nintendo we think of Miyamota, Aonuma and Koji Kondo, but in reality the people who are making these decisions aren't the game makers, or even the ceo's. If the board members who control the stocks think there is money to be made then it's probably in the works.

And yeah, the video could easily be fan made, but the graphics looked too well done/cheesy to be done in someone's spare time.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I wish that were official. It would be hilarious.

Unfortunately, I'm sure it's just a fan project.

It's especially funny that they go out of their way to show a near-suicide, as if to say, "this is the real ****, yo." Yet they've got the adorable Jigglypuff bobbing up and down to the stereotypical action music.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I cried. Pokemon is so dear to me, I always see it as a light hearted and fun series. Yet the Media keeps insisting on making unfitting live action movies to ruin our childhood icons (and according to the description and the trailer, it's very dark and gritty). First Mario, then Dragon Ball, now Pokemon. What next, Zelda? Donkey Kong? Kirby? Why must the Media keep ruining our childhoods?! Isn't it bad enough that we got the SMB Movie?!

And yeah, the video could easily be fan made, but the graphics looked too well done/cheesy to be done in someone's spare time.

Watch it again though. The graphics look absolutely horrible, and the acting is obviously less than mediocre, just from the body motion. I mean, Squirtle's "animation" looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle puppet from back in the 80s.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
HAHA that's so true. I'm just saying that even though the trailer shows limited motion of the pokemon and the acting looks bad (haven't we seen bad acting in feature film) it would still take a lot of work, and if I put that much time into something I wouldn't want to hide it. I'd want credit for all my hard work :/

EDIT: I cannot stop laughing at this. Also the little title screen with the sparks flying everwhere looks tight.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Just out of curiosity...even if this were real, how would it "ruin your childhood?" Frankly, I LOVE bad live action movies based on franchises I love...it just reminds me of how awesome they are. :P

Even if this were real, it wouldn't affect how great the games are or how much fun the first season of the anime was. And like I said, I wish it were because it would be a great laugh.

KrazyKyuubi

OH SNAPPLE
Narnia...And sometimes Pocket Asian's box
It looks hilarious. I would pay any amount of money to see that. What's with the guns? And the knives? And the explosions? If there were guns in the real Pokemon, we wouldn't have to deal with Team Rocket.

That one girl was also like, trying to commit suicide by shooting herself. What happened, could she not get her Magikarp to evolve? I sometimes feel like killing myself when trying to train one of those stupid fishies. :lol:

Most parts went too fast for my comprehension. All I saw was one scene with a pokeball, and then it EXPLODED. 'I choose you, EXPLOSION!' I want THAT pokemon!

That just looks epic. I'm seriously crying from laughing so hard.

Austin

Austin
That is absolutely fake. The number one reason is you don't see the official Pokemon or Nintendo trademark logo. If it was official, you would see one of those. Two, it looks really poor quality. The pokemon used in the trailer, seem to be ripped from one of the 3D games. Another reason it is fake, there is no news on it. If it was real, I should be able to go on Google, and find something. Pokemon is the #1 in sales of children toys and games. I highly doubt they would sabotage or ruin that with some poorly budgeted film. At the very least, its a fan movie.

On the side note, a decent live action Pokemon movie has to be top notch. It has to be produced by Fox or Paramount, with a huge budget. Anything less will be some poor CGI movie. Transformers is one of the best examples I can think of for this. It had a huge budget, they used it well, and its popular. I bet we would see a live action Naruto before we would see a pokemon.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Just out of curiosity...even if this were real, how would it "ruin your childhood?" Frankly, I LOVE bad live action movies based on franchises I love...it just reminds me of how awesome they are. :P

Even if this were real, it wouldn't affect how great the games are or how much fun the first season of the anime was. And like I said, I wish it were because it would be a great laugh.
qft

I was a huge fan of the SMB movie (own it, watch it every year or so), I even appreciated the Hero of Time movie. I don't like the concept of guns etc. in Pokemon, but it would still be worth watching and wouldn't ruin the franchise for me.

K

Kylehorrible

The way the CG is done is clearly the work of Maya or after effects. So this is a fan movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom