• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link HOLY BANANA BREAD THIS GAME IS HARD!

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I recently started my first playthrough of Zelda 2 on the Virtual Console. I was exciting to play it as I've heard it's a really good challenge. Well, guess what? I have just gotten to the second palace, and legit I have died an exact total of 32 times. I don't know if I'm just terrible or is the game is just too hard. I don't know :/

My question to you folks is how in the world do you guys beat it? Everytime I get close to upgrading my sword, I get a game over and my xp is back to zero. I would love to hear some suggestions on how to beat this NES classic/

Big Octo

=^)
Of course the game's hard, but that's what makes it unique and fun. The difficulty brings you back for more, or to redeem yourself in your errors.

MW7

I recently started my first playthrough of Zelda 2 on the Virtual Console. I was exciting to play it as I've heard it's a really good challenge. Well, guess what? I have just gotten to the second palace, and legit I have died an exact total of 32 times. I don't know if I'm just terrible or is the game is just too hard. I don't know :/

My question to you folks is how in the world do you guys beat it? Everytime I get close to upgrading my sword, I get a game over and my xp is back to zero. I would love to hear some suggestions on how to beat this NES classic/

Well, you're not bad. Seriously the game's tough. I beat the game eventually but it was well after I first started. I level grinded a little before the first dungeon, then level grinded some more. Then I quit playing for a few years, picked up the game again and beat it in three days. I got to a point where my levels were high pretty early on in the game (like by the fourth dungeon), and the easiest way to level up is to beat a boss. If I had any advice, it's to beat dungeons but skip beating the boss until later because the later in the game you get, the harder it is to level up and bosses give you a free level up. This will save a lot of time by the end of the game.

Also have you done Death Mountain yet? Be forewarned that it's ridiculously hard for how early it is in the game- I watched the Angry Video Game Nerd's review of the AOL and he goes on and on about Death Mountain. So just keep trying and don't be discouraged when you die.

Final advice, be careful not to get any cheap deaths by falling into lava/water; those are the most frustrating of all. Also you don't have to fight every enemy you see. I beat the game by getting really good at running away from things and not actually fighting them.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I am actually on Death Mountain right now, looking for that hammer I know is somewhere in it......... I have to admit that the challenge of this game has definitely kept me playing through 42 deaths. (the updated number)

dont worry bro, the game is tough. just keep grinding in areas where there are weak enemies. sure it takes long, but eventually you will be kicking *** and it will be worth it. make sure your a level 4 sword before you get to death mountain, the hardest part of the game. the game is fun so dont give up. but the final boss is easier than everyone says.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
Yes, your best bet is to level grind early in the game. I'm currently on the third palace with all my stats level 6. Even with those upgrades, the odds are against me. But keep trying, and once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad.

I will start playing AoL after I get it some day. I will first get ALttP, Oracle of Seasons, Links Awakening. It sounds really hard, I hope to master it...... :cool:

Died 32 times, or used 32 continues? 32 continues would be a lot. My first time through on the VC a few months ago produced a total of 42 continues, and it was my first foray into the game since I was 10 or 11. It is tougher than most of the others, but practice does help. I have no suggestions other than strict attention to the video walkthrough, but if you keep playing, you will get there. I wouldn't give up because once you complete the game, that will give you a baseline from which you can improve in later runs.

OHAI

Jiyeon's Zombie
AoL (heehee, AOL? America Online?) is a cake-walk until the last two dungeons/levels/palaces/doodads/

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
No, this game is pretty hard, especially for a Zelda game. But the key is to not give up. It is really a fun game in its own way. Just have patience and you will succeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom