• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Holding Back "Geekness"

Do you hide your geekness?

• Never. I share everything with everyone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes, there are things I don't want people knowing.

• Often. I only let them know I am a fan to an extent.

• Always. People don't need to know that part of my life.

• Total voters

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
My friends dismiss anything from Nintendo as 'kid stuff', so I know they'd tease me for being such a Zeldork. I'm already the blonde of my group of friends and the brunt of so many jokes, I really don't need to give them anything more to work with.

I don't see how there's a single thing wrong with being a geek. I was born a geek, raised a geek, my friends are geeks, my family is geeks, I go to a school that was practically made for geeks of all kinds. My life is a life of geekdom, and I'm never ashamed to rant about it. An update is giving me feels? In public locations, I have screamed at my phone and demanded change. I've read and drawn manga, I've ranted to friends and family about things they know nothing about, I've chatted about cosplay and fandom swaps with friends without caring if anyone heard and judged. I'm not afraid to let the world know that I am a massive geek of five kinds--anime, RPG, science, written/drawn art, theatre--and I dearly hope that I never will be.

I do understand that you can go to far and rant too much. I just never restrain myself. My friends are completely all right with me ranting for hours on end, I've confirmed with all of them that they are.

Oh look Monolith posted outside the RPing forum how rare. Hello friends.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Unless it's very embarrassing, I don't hold my "geekness" back one bit. There's usually someone out there who will understand why I'm freakin' and geekin'. Even if no one understands/shares the same interest as me, I'll still be a complete geek around them. For example: I went to FYE with a friend of mine to kill some time before we went to see Catching Fire. We were walking down an aisle/row chocked full of DVDs. She stops me and points to a small section...

HOLY MOLEY GUACAMOLE

ALL OF THE CASTLE DVDS

so i took every single one of the dvds off the shelf and i told her to take me to the cash register

i'm 100% serious

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Yes, but not out of shame or embarrassment. Outside of a few select parts of my life, I like to leave a small footprint - instantly likeable, but generally forgotten as soon as I pass out of view. Demonstrating any level of exuberance for something garners too much attention.

I don't exactly go out of my way to hide my geekiness, but I don't exactly go up to people and go, "Nintendo! Anime! RPGs!" Especially since my family is heavily critical of those kind of things.

I admit that I hide my geekness. I feel as if some people will ridicule me for it, and not understand it and it's pretty stupid to think about. I'm ashamed that I can't be myself around people or whatever, but I've had several accounts on where people have given me nonsense for being a part of certain cultures, websites, etc. I don't know. It's pretty lame that people are so judgmental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom