• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

HOLD IT!

Kyros 676

The Ultimate Hero
In the child timeline where the sacred realm is protected, how come Ganondorf still has the triforce of power? In the adult timeline, supposedly when Ganondorf enters the sacred realm, he seizes the Triforce of Power. So if that was prevented, how did he ultimately end up having it in Twilight Princess?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ganondorf was one of those chosen by the "gods" to have the Triforce of Power. That's simply how it was -- forever more within the history of his life (for the most part), he would bear the burden of Power. Even across time.

EDIT: what Att said also. He got the ToP in the early parts of the original OoT timeline, so he'd have it even during TP.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Uh, he stole it in Ocarina of Time. So if Link was successful in defeating Ganon in OoT, he'd still have it in MM, and have it in TP. Considering that's what the Child Timeline is built up on.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
It was destiny for ganondorf to have the triforce of power. So the triforce pices went to thouse who were destined to posess them.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Uh, he stole it in Ocarina of Time. So if he was successful in defeating Ganon in OoT, he'd still have it in MM, and have it in TP. Considering that's what the Child Timeline is built up on.

No, that's the Adult Timeline. The Child Timeline is based on the time that Zelda sent Link back to, where he informed Zelda and the King of Hyrule of Ganondorf's intentions before he was able to steal the Triforce. So in the Child Timeline, the events of OoT didn't actually happen.

That said, as the sages say, it was a "divine prank". My interpretation of that is that Ganondorf, Zelda and Link were fated to have the pieces of the Triforce regardless of whether or not anyone actually touched it; in the Adult Timeline, it just so happens that he claimed the Triforce of Power actively. In the Child Timeline, the Triforce enforcers that fate by splitting itself and granting its powers to its chosen bearers.

It's heavily implied that Ganondorf possesses the Triforce of Power in Twilight Princess but is never clearly confirmed. This is seen when the Triforce marking glowed on his hand following being stabbed with the Execution Sword. How does Ganondorf obtain this power? He uses his wit, determination, and greed for power to claim the item just as he does in Ocarina of Time. Many aspects of the chaos created by Zant and Ganondorf are never outright stated but rather insinuated through the external environment. Due to the plethora of recent threads regarding the topic I'd like to point to the example of the Death Sword and Gerudo Tribe. Stallord was definitely revived by Ganonodrf's dark magic much along the same lines of Volvagia from Ocarina of Time. This suggests that the Death Sword is the judge or "arbiter". His purpose was to wipe out the Gerudo tribe hence their absence in Twilight Princess. After the creature is eliminated, the Gerudo come out of hiding and once again appear in Four Swords Adventures.

Kyros 676

The Ultimate Hero
"It was destiny for ganondorf to have the triforce of power. So the triforce pices went to thouse who were destined to posess them."

Hmmm.... I'm not sure that could've happened. The God's wouldn't just deliberately hand over the Triforce of Power to an executed person.

I think that there is a time possibly after MM where Ganondorf successfully steals the Triforce of Power. Maybe that is where the next game could take place. Or not I don't know but I do know that he couldn't have the ToP from stealing it in OoT.

In the timeline where he does get the ToP, Rauru's exact words, (from the manga) are:
"In those seven years, Ganondorf went through the door you opened and infiltrated the sacred realm... He seized the Triforce of Power!"

So some piece of the story is missing.

Kyros676 said:
"It was destiny for ganondorf to have the triforce of power. So the triforce pices went to thouse who were destined to posess them."

Hmmm.... I'm not sure that could've happened. The God's wouldn't just deliberately hand over the Triforce of Power to an executed person.

I think that there is a time possibly after MM where Ganondorf successfully steals the Triforce of Power. Maybe that is where the next game could take place. Or not I don't know but I do know that he couldn't have the ToP from stealing it in OoT.

I hate to use this as an explanation because it's more of a cop-out but there are also Demise's final words to take into account from Skyward Sword.

"Though this is not the end. My hate...never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again! Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!”

While Demise as a demon is physically perished the evil he stands for will continue to wreak havoc. Just as Link is endowed with the sacred power of the Triforce of Courage, so Zelda is granted the right to the Triforce of Wisdom, and the Triforce of Power seeks Ganondorf as its master. Note that the three pieces of the Triforce also mirror the personalities of their respective owners. Link is the rave and adventurous type who saves the damsel in distress; Zelda is the pensive leader who wants best for her land; Ganondorf is the power hungry tyrant who seeks to usurp the Hyrulian throne.

Kyros 676

The Ultimate Hero
I hate to use this as an explanation because it's more of a cop-out but there are also Demise's final words to take into account from Skyward Sword.

"Though this is not the end. My hate...never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again! Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!”

While Demise as a demon is physically perished the evil he stands for will continue to wreak havoc. Just as Link is endowed with the sacred power of the Triforce of Courage, so Zelda is granted the right to the Triforce of Wisdom, and the Triforce of Power seeks Ganondorf as its master. Note that the three pieces of the Triforce also mirror the personalities of their respective owners. Link is the rave and adventurous type who saves the damsel in distress; Zelda is the pensive leader who wants best for her land; Ganondorf is the power hungry tyrant who seeks to usurp the Hyrulian throne.

I just can't see, however, how something created by the Goddesses would seek out a power-hungry fool

Garo

Boy Wonder
I just can't see, however, how something created by the Goddesses would seek out a power-hungry fool

The goddesses work in mysterious ways. If we examine the chain of causality here, we can extrapolate a few potential motives.

Ganondorf obtaining the Triforce of Power through fate, as he was chosen by the gods, still results in his banishment to the Twilight Realm. There, he finds and recruits Zant, who usurps the Twilight royalty and invades the realm of light, leading to the events of the game. The game's events ultimately lead to the destruction of the Mirror of Twilight, and thus the severing of the connection between the realm of light and the Twilight realm.

So - apart from the mere fact that these events were fated to occur, there are a number of possible motivations behind granting Ganondorf the Triforce of Power. Perhaps the goddesses sought to sever the connection between the Light and the Twilight. Perhaps they wished to humble Midna, and in so doing cultivate a more peaceful race of Twili. Once again - the goddesses work in mysterious ways. What their ultimate intentions were are likely incomprehensible to mortals; but rest assured that if these things were fated, they had reasons for doing so.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?

Maybe they gave it to him because they knew that in the long run, it would lead to his defeat. He probablly was still powerful enough to find a way to become resurected again sooner than if he doesn't go through the events of TP. He also loses the ToP in the end anyways, so the gods probably figured it was okay to have this temporary loss.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
First, I'll address the nature of the Triforce. It isn't distributed on the whim of the goddesses. It's an inanimate object that follows whatever rules govern it. So when the ToP is sent to Ganondorf, there is no "why would anyone do that?" There's no conscious decision. It just happens. It's ultimately caused by the forces of balance described both in OoT, referring to the three aspects of the Triforce, and in TP and SS, referring to good and evil.

Most of the people here are saying it's destiny at work. That's only partly true. What literally happens is described in the HH:
The proof of courage was carried on the back of Link’s hand. Since Ganondorf was sealed away with the Triforce of Power, the Triforce remained with the chosen ones of the Gods.
Link has the ToC when he starts the CT. From WW, we know that the ToC is split on the AT when he leaves, so he must have the CT version of it. i.e. the whole Triforce exists on the AT (ToW with Zelda, ToP sealed with Ganondorf, ToC split and scattered), and the whole Triforce exists on the CT. CT-Link has the CT-ToC. "the Triforce remained with the chosen ones of the Gods." (Other statements regarding balance, as I mentioned earlier, also support this.) Therefore CT-Zelda receives the CT-ToW and CT-Ganondorf receives the CT-ToP.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
First, I'll address the nature of the Triforce. It isn't distributed on the whim of the goddesses. It's an inanimate object that follows whatever rules govern it. So when the ToP is sent to Ganondorf, there is no "why would anyone do that?" There's no conscious decision. It just happens. It's ultimately caused by the forces of balance described both in OoT, referring to the three aspects of the Triforce, and in TP and SS, referring to good and evil.

Most of the people here are saying it's destiny at work. That's only partly true. What literally happens is described in the HH:
Link has the ToC when he starts the CT. From WW, we know that the ToC is split on the AT when he leaves, so he must have the CT version of it. i.e. the whole Triforce exists on the AT (ToW with Zelda, ToP sealed with Ganondorf, ToC split and scattered), and the whole Triforce exists on the CT. CT-Link has the CT-ToC. "the Triforce remained with the chosen ones of the Gods." (Other statements regarding balance, as I mentioned earlier, also support this.) Therefore CT-Zelda receives the CT-ToW and CT-Ganondorf receives the CT-ToP.

Wow, that's a lot of abbreviations, for anyone not expert on that, basically Link took the triforce of courage when he got to the child timeline, so the other two pieces went to the other two holders

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
The way I understood it was this: Ganondorf wasn't stopped from obtaining the triforce but was sealed away in a place where it would serve practically useless. I think that Link was sent back to shortly after Ganondorf stole the triforce of power, though it didnt matter because he was sealed. In TP i think the seal was weakening so the sages decided to take action and kill him, but failed, and he was freed.

This is only my theory and yes- there are many holes- but its simply what i choose to believe :ganondorf:

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...

This is what I've always assumed. And now I know my assumption is correct because His Majesty Locke has the same opinion. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom