• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hohoho the Positives of Christmas

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Because of my great desire to have Frank unleashed I decided to make this thread to combat Dan. Really though, its to spread the Christmas cheer throughout ZD a little too early and get us all pumped when Thanksgiving isn't even over yet.

So what are the joys of Christmas for you? It can range from spending time with family by the fireplace with hot coca, to greedily opening those boxes on Christmas morning and then having to go to the hospital because murderous packaging from China.

Share and spread the Christmas joy!

Sheik

:the:
Dan will be out for your blood

Well, in the negatives thread I posted this, and that halfly could apply here:

Yours Truly said:
I agree Christmas is too commercialized, and in a way where it's only about deals for presents, which really irks me. Presents are only about 15% of Christmas for me, and that's only the excitement of opening them, not the actual presents. Anyways, the rest of Christmas is the spirit that is shown in songs, movies, family get-togethers, etc. I mean, what's better than you and your friends randomly bursting out, singing Christmas carols at school, and getting in trouble for disrupting class? And then getting together to watch a good Christmas movie, like Elf, or that Peanuts Christmas special where they get the crappy tree and then the kid with the blanket makes that speech... See, there's spirit in all that, right?

Clank

Hmm
This is what I personally like about Christmas;
1. Family, Christmas is like that one time of year when all my family is nice, still can't stand a couple of people, but it is gonna take a lot more than Christmas to fix that...
2. Working on the Christmas lights, I have like the coolest looking bedroom the week or two before we get the tree up.
3. Who doesn't love rewatching all the Christmas specials, I mean really it annoys like all of my siblings, but still...
4. Christmas music, I love Christmas music, it is just so merry and fun.
5. Beignets on Christmas morning, oh they taste good...
6. Staying up late on Christmas eve, oh so much fun, for that matter, I think I will just stay up all night this year, I mean why not, might as well get an early start, since I will probably end up being the one that makes the beignets this year...
7. Picking out the perfect gift for the important girl in my life.
8. Lastly and actually probably least, is the gifts(like those that I receive), I mean they aren't that important, but they sure are nice

So yeah, that's all I could think of off the top of my head...

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Everything about Christmas is positive to me. The holiday season has a wonderful and happy atmosphere. The soft snow and brilliant green and red lights always make me quiver from happiness. (I decided not to include religious factors in this post).

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
The only reason I like Christmas is because it gives me more hours (and the occasional hour and a half pay) at work. Otherwise, holidays don't really matter to me. They're just days on a calendar, ya digg?

Dan

Because of my great desire to have Frank unleashed I decided to make this thread to combat Dan. Really though, its to spread the Christmas cheer throughout ZD a little too early and get us all pumped when Thanksgiving isn't even over yet.

So what are the joys of Christmas for you? It can range from spending time with family by the fireplace with hot coca, to greedily opening those boxes on Christmas morning and then having to go to the hospital because murderous packaging from China.

Share and spread the Christmas joy!

How dare you, the frank will be unleashed you fool!

Anyway it's time I explain mine, the thing i love about Christmas is everyone is so damn happy at this time of the year, which gives me more opportunities than ever to ruin peoples lives, this one Christmas I had a 2 litre bottle of urine and sprayed it all over this guys Christmas shopping he was super upset, I was super happy, and ran off skipping it's Santa baby.

Christmas may be too commercialized, but it's one of a few holidays I still celebrate nowadays. I love watching some of my favorite Christmas specials along with hanging out with some of my friends and family during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Really, I both love and hate the holiday at the same time.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I like everyone making the effort and getting together! I have a big family so it's hard to always meet up, especially with my brothers since they tend not to bother. But Christmas is the 1 time everyone makes the effort to not have work and actually be bothered to spend time together as a family, and I love it. :) This year my boyfriend's not spending it with us, which is a shame, but he's off with his family and then I'm spending Boxing Day with them.

So that's it really. Presents and food are also good but I just love seeing my family. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
best part about Christmas is that the roads are mostly clear and accidents are usually very low in occurrence. :)

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
Christmas skins for League of Legends characters will probably be sold during Christmas, some of those are pretty cool.

I may not celebrate (as well as abhor) Christmas, but I guess I do enjoy the occasional holiday markdowns and sales on sweets and such.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
First and foremost, the best thing about Christmas is that it reminds me of what God did for all of us, even more than the rest of the year. It's put in the forefront of my mind, and it's a sort of clean slate for me to start the next year off right. (Ok that's more a New Year's thing, but whatever they're really close to one another.) Plus, ever since I've been going to the Catholic church I look forward to the Christmas sermon even more; it's so grand and beautiful it's hard to put into words.

I love the opportunity it gives my family to get back together even for a short while and enjoy each others' company, particularly my brother who lives in Virginia.

I love the weather this time of year. Winter wonderlands and all that. Plus all the snowmen, snow fort fights, etc. is really fun to get into.

And, even though I've come to dislike the commercialization of the season, it's still quite pleasant in its own right to walk down the street and hear caroling, to turn on the tube and watch a heartwarming Christmas movie, etc. It's by far the most joyous holiday, doubled by the fact that my birthday's the day before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom