• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hoenn Actually Confirmed

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire huh? That's way different from the names everyone thought.

I'm excited! But also...a bit peeved. Why? Because I'll have to buy it myself. No chance of getting it bought for me. My parents and other relatives would rather buy me things I need instead of want...they're not always happy about me spending my own money on games either. Being an adult sucks.

Well this came out of nowhere!!

In honesty I knew this was gonna happen eventually, but I didn't think it would happen any time soon. I wonder what we will get out of these titles. It looks as though Groudon and Kyogre will be getting Mega Evolutions, wonder what other Pokémon will get Mega Evolutions. Maybe these titles are the official way to get Mega Blaziken? Maybe we will even get Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert? We will learn more at E3.

Last edited:

Dan

I was against a remake of these two at first, but now seems like the right time to remake these games. Looking back Generation III was great in terms of innovation, it had the most creative towns in any pokemon game, a town made entirely on tree houses, or that town that literally sits on the sea, my favorite town was the last, which required you to go underwater to get to it, the town itself was made inside an old volcano, I recall the npc child believing the sky was always round because of growing up inside a volcano. Needless to say, I can't wait to see this game in 3D. :)

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Hmmm, a dramatic new world, eh? That's an interesting statement, can only imagine it means Hoenn has made some changes since the originals just like how Unova was different in Black 2 and White 2 when compared to the first Black and White games, and considering the fact that Ruby and Sapphire both released in 2003...a lot can change in 10+ years I'd say, wonder what all may be different. We'll have to wait and see, in either case I'll likely pick up one of these games when the time comes, also find myself questioning if they'll reveal more about it when E3 rolls around too or not.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire

This is the thread for all things related to the 3DS remakes of the Gen III Pokemon games being released later this year

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire huh? That's way different from the names everyone thought.

I'm excited! But also...a bit peeved. Why? Because I'll have to buy it myself. No chance of getting it bought for me. My parents and other relatives would rather buy me things I need instead of want...they're not always happy about me spending my own money on games either. Being an adult sucks.

Yeah, I can somewhat understand you on people looking at your wondering why you're spending money on things you don't need (some of mine do that to me). But for me I've come to ignore it and just think on the fact that I'm an adult and can do what I want with the money that I earn. As long as I'm not in debt or obviously have no means to afford it (ie: a job), then there's no reason for it. I don't tell them what to buy so vice versa it should be the same for them towards me.

I can understand that by them doing that are probably trying to look out for you, but either way, what I said in the last sentence above still stands.

But anyway back on topic, HECK YES! I'm really looking forward to this coming out! Sapphire was the only Pokemon game that I got really into. It had most of the pokemon in it that I loved, plus the world had so many interesting designs on towns, etc. So in short I LOVED this game!

And as a side note, man, Nintendo's going to be getting quite a good portion of money from me this year. With MarioKart 8 coming out the end of this month, then the two Super Smash Bros. games in June and December and now this? Makes me wonder what else they're going to announce at E3.

Dan

I think these might be along the lines of sequels. Either that, or the "Whole New World" hints at a postgame on the level of GenII.

Yeah that statement certainly puts a spin on what we would all initially would think when we see the Pokemon game title, as the title follows the same style as the gold and silver remakes,
If these games were in fact sequels, why not call them Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire 2 as they did with the black and white remakes, I can only theorise that Nintendo feels it has been too long since the first Ruby and Sapphire, so much so that the "casual" audience aren't even aware of Ruby and Sapphire(remember some of the newer fans are 7 years old.)

I'm on board with both a remake and or sequel, so I don't mind, I think it would be interesting to revisit past regions of older games to see what effect time has had on them.
One last note, sequel or remake, I hope the den feature returns, as useless as it was I loved it as a kid. :P

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Welp, this is unfortunate.

Hoenn remake/sequel will destroy the world. People will use it to further enhance the drug trade, thus causing war. Metal Gears will roam the earth, bringing the advent of a new nuclear war, and Sonic the Hedgehog will be in space. The Red Sea will be sllit again, and moon cows will cross it. Coca-Cola will come from every faucet, and boobs will be on the knees of every human. Hoenn remakes/sequels will destroy reality as we know it.

In other words, am very excite.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
HOLY. ****ING. ****.

I logged into Facebook 5 minutes ago, and the first thing I saw was Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I thought it was a joke, as it was so random and unexpected, so I logged in here to make sure it was true. I'm so freaking happy right now I can't even! :')

Seeing as Gen III and Gen VI are my two favourite generations, this news makes me absolutely ecstatic! The wait for November is going to be way too long now!

This is great news for those of us who are unable to transport gen III Pokemon into Gen VI due to lack of an in between game, as Hoenn is home to some of my absolute favourite Pokemon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom