• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hoardie hoard...

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
In a game you get items like a potion do you use it as soon as or hoard it for big boss and then forget about it??

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I tend to hang on to them, but last night playing Pokemon I was running kinda short and so I had to use a hyper potion shortly after I got it, and only to heal like 30 damage lol

MW7

I always hoard anything that is a limited resource. In Pokemon Scarlet I would pick up every item I found on the ground, and I don't think I used a potion the entire game except in between Elite 4 members. I really dislike when there are a finite number of certain item in a game such as ethers and elixers in Pokemon.

I don't really pay much attention to whether this is something I'll be able to get my hands on later or anything, if I have something and it seems like it'll be helpful to being able to actually win, I'll use it regardless of how major the item or fight is.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I used to, but then I realized that most games do a really good job of giving you a lot of them, so now I tend to be kinda reckless with them.

Now weapon durability mechanics on the other hand I tend to be very conservative with because it’s usually significantly more of a hassle to obtain that equipment again than it is to just find a potion lying around. Not to mention that you often find yourself needing to use your weapons far more often than you do healing items so it’s a lot harder to keep them. I once had a save file in Minecraft where I had a complete set of diamond tools and armor but I refused to use them at all for fear of damaging them. It was only until they introduced anvils and especially mending that I actually became a bit more reckless with it.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Did a slow play of Skyrim recently where I focused on alchemy. I used my health potions and poisons but I STILL hoarded everything else. The thing is, any game like Skyrim with so many copy paste enemies, when I use a really rare scroll or something, it never ends up being a super epic battle and it feels like a waste afterward. Then again, there are dragon battles and dragon priest battles throughout the game and grinding my way through those over the course of 45 minutes does feel pretty rewarding.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah when playing games I hoard like hell and generally avoid using stuff unless it’s absolutely necessary - unless it’s a super common item I can easily replenish like Pokéballs. You probably won’t catch me using the Master Ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom